An Introduction to the Anigan Evacup
The Anigan EvaCup Menstrual Cup has a 4.4/5 star rating on Amazon and people that like it, seem to really like it. It’s made in the USA, registered with the FDA and made from the highest quality medical grade silicone. If you’re looking to shop local and get yourself a North American made product, the Anigan Eva Cup makes an excellent choice. It’s cheaper than some of the other popular cups on the market today like The Dutchess Cup, MoonCup, or The Diva Cup to name just a few of them.
There are another couple of things that we love about the Anigan Eva Cup. The first is the huge variety of colours. Many other period cups only offer one-clear! This can look kind of dingy after a few months of use so we like the fact that the EvaCup has some choices, including some darker ones.
The other thing we love about the Anigan EvaCup is the loop at the end. Most menstrual cups have a stem, which can be pretty slippery and hard to grip properly when trying to remove your cup. We find that the small ring is easier to latch onto and removal is easier with the Anigan EvaCup than many other cups (see: Menstrual Cup Insertion and Removal).
Anigan EvaCup: 2 Sizes
Size 1 (small)-for women who have not given birth
Size 2 (large)-for women after they have given birth. Having a capacity of 37 ml, this is one of the highest capacity menstrual cups. Most other cups on the market like the Diva Cup or Moon Cup have a capacity of 30 ml, or even less. The Eva Cup is great for women who have a very heavy period (see: How to Handle a Heavy Period).
Of course, all bodies are different and you should see what works best for you.
People that like it are saying things like:
“I was very pleased with the price of this menstrual cup. It’s cheaper than some of the other menstrual cups”
“I like it better than the Diva Cup. It doesn’t leak!”
“It doesn’t leak like some of the other menstrual cups I’ve tried. I’m not sure why, but whatever the reason, I’m happy about it!”
Anigan EvaCup Pros:
1.The price! It’s 1/2 the price of some of the more expensive menstrual cups on the market. However, just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it’s crap. It’s manufactured in the USA from the highest quality medical grade silicone and completely safe to use.
2. It’s manufactured in the USA if you like to support local businesses.
3. It’s more flexible than some of the other firmer cups like the Diva Cup. This makes insertion quite easy, although it can be a bit difficult for it to snap into place.
4. The larger size has a capacity of 37 ml, which is one of the highest out of all menstrual cups on the market. This makes it an excellent choice for women who have particularly heavy flows and find themselves getting up in the middle of the night to empty their menstrual cup.
See this menstrual cup comparison chart for more details
5. It has 8 different colour options.
Anigan EvaCup Cons:
1.It’s shorter than some of the other cups which may make removal difficult for some. Although there is a ring instead of a stem which can assist with this. It’s easier to grip than some of the other cups.
2. It’s very flexible and some women report difficulties with getting the cup to snap into place and suction to the vaginal wall.
3. Some women report leaking despite trying out both the Evacup and the Diva Cup. If this is the case, consider something like the Keeper or the Femme Cup which are designed quite differently than these two cups.
The Takeaway on the Anigan EvaCup:
The Anigan EvaCup is an economical choice for those who like to shop local in the USA. It’s more flexible than other cups, which some women prefer while those who’ve previously been using something like the Diva Cup seem to hate. It’s an individual choice, but this is an excellent choice for your first menstrual cup simply due to price. If you don’t like it, you haven’t invested that much into it.
You can get the Anigan Evacup on Amazon today: