An Introduction to the Anigan Evacup
The Anigan EvaCup Menstrual Cup has a 4.4/5 star rating on Amazon and people that like it, seem to really like it. It’s made in the USA, registered with the FDA and made from the highest quality medical grade silicone.
If you’re looking to shop local and get yourself a North American made product, the Anigan Eva Cup makes an excellent choice. It’s cheaper than some of the other popular cups on the market today like The Dutchess Cup, MoonCup, or The Diva Cup to name just a few of them. But, the cheaper price doesn’t mean that the quality is not up to snuff. The Anigan Eva Cup is an excellent, economical choice.
There are another couple of things that we love about the Anigan Eva Cup. The first is the huge variety of colours. Many other period cups only offer one-clear! This can look kind of dingy after a few months of use so we like the fact that the EvaCup has some choices, including some darker ones. Why shouldn’t feminine hygiene products be fun?
The other thing we love about the Anigan EvaCup is the stem. Most menstrual cups have a smooth stem (the Lunette for example), which can be pretty slippery and hard to grip properly when trying to remove your cup. We find that the ridges are easier to latch onto and removal is easier with the Anigan EvaCup than many other cups (see: Menstrual Cup Insertion and Removal).
Does it sound like the Anigan EvaCup is the one for you? You can check it out on Amazon here:
Anigan EvaCup: 2 Sizes
Size 1 (small)-for women who have not given birth. 30 ml capacity, 62 mm length, 43 mm diameter.
Size 2 (large)-for women after they have given birth. 37 ml capacity, 67 mm length, 46 mm diameter.
Having a capacity of 37 ml, this is one of the highest capacity menstrual cups. Most other cups on the market like the Diva Cup or Moon Cup have a capacity of 30 ml, or even less. The Eva Cup is great for women who have a very heavy period (see: How to Handle a Heavy Period).
If you have a very heavy period, you’ll find that this large capacity cup will enable you to remove, empty and reinsert your cup less frequently. When you compare the 37 ml capacity to something like a jumbo tampon at around 12 ml, you’ll notice a huge difference. Think about this:
When you have your heaviest flow, you might actually be able to sleep through the night without getting up to deal with your period. Combine this large capacity menstrual cup with something like an organic reusable cloth pad. You should be good to go! No more leaking. No more sleepless nights, worrying about leakage.
People that like it are saying things like:
“I was very pleased with the price of this menstrual cup. It’s cheaper than some of the other menstrual cups. I find that it works well too, especially the ridges on the stem at the end makes it super easy to grip and remove.”
“I like it better than the Diva Cup. It doesn’t leak!”
“It doesn’t leak like some of the other menstrual cups I’ve tried. I’m not sure why, but whatever the reason, I’m happy about it! I’d definitely recommend the Anigan Eva Cup to my friends and family members.”
Anigan EvaCup Pros:
1.The price! It’s 1/2 the price of some of the more expensive menstrual cups on the market. However, just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it’s crap. It’s manufactured in the USA from the highest quality medical grade silicone and completely safe to use.
2. It’s manufactured in the USA if you like to support local businesses.
3. It’s more flexible than some of the other firmer cups like the Diva Cup. This makes insertion quite easy, although it can be a bit difficult for it to snap into place.
4. The larger size has a capacity of 37 ml, which is one of the highest out of all menstrual cups on the market. This makes it an excellent choice for women who have particularly heavy flows and find themselves getting up in the middle of the night to empty their menstrual cup.
See this menstrual cup comparison chart for more details
5. It has 8 different colour options.
6. 100% money-guarantee.
7. The stem makes it quite easy to grip and remove.
Anigan EvaCup Cons:
1.It’s shorter than some of the other cups which may make removal difficult for some. Although there is a ring instead of a stem which can assist with this. It’s easier to grip than some of the other cups.
2. It’s very flexible and some women report difficulties with getting the cup to snap into place and suction to the vaginal wall.
3. Some women report leaking despite trying out both the Evacup and the Diva Cup. If this is the case, consider something like the Keeper or the Femme Cup which are designed quite differently than these two cups.
4. It’s most often sold in a package of two (similar to the Dutchess Cup). Nobody really needs two menstrual cups and we wish companies would stop doing this! Just sell one cup for a cheaper price please. It can be an extremely economical option if you can find a friend to share the package of two with though.
The Takeaway on the Anigan EvaCup:
The Anigan EvaCup is an economical choice for those who like to shop local in the USA. It’s more flexible than other cups, which some women prefer while those who’ve previously been using something like the Diva Cup seem to hate.
It’s an individual choice, but this is an excellent choice for your first menstrual cup simply due to price. If you don’t like it, you haven’t invested that much into it. We also love the 100% money-back guarantee. The company says that you can try it out and if you aren’t happy with it, return it for a full refund. A company that stands behind their products and puts their money where their mouth is? We love it and are sure you do too.
You can get the Anigan Evacup on Amazon today: