A Review of the Blossom Menstrual Cup
The Blossom Menstrual Cup has a very good 4.5/5 star rating on Amazon and it’s one of the most economical period cups on the market, coming in at under $20. This is cheaper than products like the Diva Cup, Lunette Cup or Moon Cup. It’s made in the USA from medical grade silicone that’s imported from Germany. In short, it’s a very decent cup that most women would be pretty happy with. Although it’s a newcomer to the menstrual cup world, this isn’t a big drawback in our opinion.
All reports show that this is a menstrual cup that’s here to stay, unlike many of the other new cups on the market today. Blossom Cup is a serious company that puts out a top-quality period cup at a reasonable price. Love it? We do too and that’s why this cup gets our solid recommendation here at Reusable Menstrual Cups.
Related: Are Menstrual Cups Expensive?
Although the company claims to that the Blossom cup has been “FDA approved,” it in fact has not been (see FDA approved menstrual cups for more details). It may not be a reflection of poor quality however, since the cup only came onto the market in 2015 and there may not have been time for this to happen. But, it’s quite uncertain and the company’s website has no real information about this. We hope for some clarity on this issue from the company. Send us a link and we’ll include it in this review!
One thing that we do love about this cup is the huge variety of colours available. Why shouldn’t great period protection be fun too? Compare this to something like the Diva Cup which comes in only one colour-clear. The coloured menstrual cups seem to stand up better over the long haul and don’t become discoloured and dingy.
Blossom Menstrual Cup: 2 Sizes + 8 Colors
Dimensions of the small Blossom Cup: 20 ml capacity, 42 mm diameter, 62 mm length
Dimensions of the large Blossom Cup: 20 ml capacity, 45 mm diameter, 65 mm length.
The only thing kind of unusual about the Blossom Cup in terms of sizing is the capacity. At 20 ml, it’s definitely on the lower end. Most menstrual cups are in the 30 ml range. At 20 ml, you lose a big advantage over tampons-having to deal with it less. Jumbo tampons have a capacity of 12-14 ml.
People that Like The Blossom Menstrual Cup are Saying:
“Once I found the perfect fold, I loved it. It took a while to figure out though, so don’t give up. It seems like most of my friends (and me too) took at least 3 or 4 cycles to really get the hang of it. I loved the instructions they included with it-lots of great tips for how to insert and remove it.”
“I recommend the Blossom Cup to all my friends. I’ve been using it for a year now and couldn’t be happier with it. It feels more comfortable to insert than some of the stiffer cups.”
“Someone finally made the perfect menstrual cup! For some reason, this one didn’t leak. I’ve tried the more expensive cups like the MoonCup and the Diva Cup but they just didn’t work well for me. Thankfully, I didn’t give up too soon and found the menstrual cup that works for me.”
“Better than some of the more popular cups out there. It’s also cheaper, which I appreciate since I’m on a pretty strict budget. It’s a nice economical choice for someone who doesn’t want to spend $30+ on a cup that might not fit.”
Get the Blossom Menstrual Cup on Amazon today:
The Blossom Period Cup Pros:
- Price. It’s about half the price of some of the more expensive cups out there.
- 8 Colors. Have your pick!
- It’s softer and easier to insert than some of the stiffer cups like the Diva Cup, or the Moon Cup.
- Plenty of satisfied customers on Amazon, with a review score of 4.5/5.
- It works, or your money back. Blossom backs up their cup with this serious guarantee. You can try it for 90 days and if you’re not happy, return it for a full refund.
- Made from BPA free, medical grade silicone.
- Free shipping with Amazon Prime
Related: Top 5 Soft Menstrual Cups
The Blossom Period Cup Cons:
- Very soft and some women may find it difficult to insert correctly. It can take a while to find a fold that works for you.
- The cup is so soft that it doesn’t fill to the full capacity since part of it may remain folded inside the vaginal canal.
- There isn’t much information about this cup on the company’s website, and what is there is questionable. Where exactly is it manufactured? What are the dimensions of it? Is it FDA approved, or not? So many questions about this cup remain unanswered.
- The small seems really, really big. Many women thought they made an error in ordering (perhaps they did?) It doesn’t seem like there really is that much difference between the small and the large cup, unlike most other menstrual cups where the difference is quite obvious.
- The capacity. At 20 ml, it’s 10 ml lower than most other cups out there. This is despite the dimensions being quite similar. If you have a heavy flow, you’re likely to be very unhappy with the Blossom Cup.
The Takeaway on the Blossom Cup:
The Blossom Cup is a decent choice for someone looking for a reasonably priced cup that is made in the USA. They have a 4.5/5 star rating on Amazon USA, with 3000+ reviewers. This means plenty of very satisfied customers. It’s a top-quality cup made from medical grade silicone and it certainly safe to use. We also love their 90-day money back guarantee. A company that puts their money where their mouth is? Love it! And we’re sure you will too.
The Blossom Cup is easy to insert and remove and doesn’t seem to leak for most women. It has a nice balance between soft and stiff. This means that it pops into place well, but that it isn’t uncomfortable to wear.
My only hesitation about the Blossom Cup is for women with an average+ flow. With a capacity of 20ml, it’s simply too small to not be annoying! You will most certainly have to wake up during the night of your heaviest flow to change your cup. If you use a cup with a 30ml + capacity, you might avoid this by using something like a cloth pad paired with it.
Buy the Blossom Menstrual Cup on Amazon
Are you looking to buy the Blossom Cup? The best place we’ve found is on Amazon. They have all the choices of colours and sizes, and shipping is sometimes free if you have Amazon Prime. Since the Blossom Cup is new to the market, it can be hard to find on drugstore shelves.
Check out the Blossom Cup on Amazon today: