A Review of the Blossom Menstrual Cup
The Blossom menstrual cup has a very decent 4.4/5 star rating on Amazon and it’s one of the most economical period cups on the market, coming in at under $20, which is far cheaper than products like the Diva Cup, Lunette Cup or Moon Cup. It’s made in the USA from medical grade silicone that’s imported from Germany.
Although the company claims to that the Blossom cup has been “FDA approved,” it in fact has not been (see FDA approved menstrual cups for more details). It may not be a reflection of poor quality however, since the cup only came onto the market in 2015 and there may not have been time for this to happen. But, it’s quite uncertain and the company’s website has no real information about this.
Blossom Menstrual Cup: 2 Sizes + 8 Colors
People that Like The Blossom Menstrual Cup are Saying:
“Once I found the perfect fold, I loved it.”
“I recommend the Blossom Cup to all my friends.”
“Someone finally made the perfect menstrual cup!”
“Better than some of the more popular cups out there”
The Blossom Period Cup Pros:
- Price. It’s about half the price of some of the more expensive cups out there.
- 8 Colors. Have your pick!
- It’s softer and easier to insert than some of the stiffer cups like the Diva Cup, or the Moon Cup.
The Blossom Period Cup Cons:
- Very soft and some women may find it difficult to insert correctly. It can take a while to find a fold that works for you.
- The cup is so soft that it doesn’t fill to the full capacity since part of it may remain folded inside the vaginal canal.
- There isn’t much information about this cup on the company’s website, and what is there is questionable. Where exactly is it manufactured? What are the dimensions of it? Is it FDA approved, or not? So many questions about this cup remain unanswered.
- The small seems really, really big. Many women thought they made an error in ordering (perhaps they did?)
I probably wouldn’t give the Blossom period cup my recommendation until the company releases more information about their product. As it stands, the lack of details and dubious claims leave a bad taste in my mouth and I’d rather support the more reputable companies out there (Diva Cup, Moon Cup, Lunette to name only a few).
Buy the Blossom Menstrual Cup on Amazon