FleurCup Pros and Cons
The Fleurcup, made in France has a 4.3/5 star rating on Amazon. This menstrual cup makes a decent choice as it’s manufactured from the highest quality medical grade silicone by a reputable company that has been in business for years.
Here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, we love European made sanitary cups. They’re top-quality, albeit a bit expensive sometimes. Our favourite menstrual cups from Europe include the Lunette Cup (Finland) and the MoonCup (England).
Many people like the flat stem as well as the ridges and bumps on the bottom of the Fleurcup. They comment that it makes removal of this cup very easy as compared to cups with a round stem like the Diva Cup or Moon Cup. However, some women find the flat stem uncomfortable once it’s inside of them.
Buy the FleurCup
It can be a little bit difficult to find the Fleurcup outside of France at physical stores. It’s not a very popular cup. However, you can get it easily on Amazon. Check it out for yourself today:
More FleurCup Reviews:
Two Sizes of Fleurcup:
The Fleurcup: Small: Under 30, light flow, pre-birth. 41 mm diameter, 70 mm length, 25 ml capacity.
The Fleurcup: Large: Over 30, heavier flow, post-birth. 46 mm diameter, 70 mm length, 35 ml capacity.
- This period cup is manufactured in France and perfect for Europeans who like to shop local.
- It’s a reputable company that has been in business for years. You can trust that this product is manufactured from medical grade silicone according to the highest quality standards.
- The large size has a capacity of 35 ml (Diva Cup = 30 ml), making it a good choice for women with a heavy flow, especially at night.
- This cup pops open really easily so that most women are able to get it positioned correctly and prevent leaks.
- It’s decently priced.
- The silicone is very dense and it pops open really easily. This is good for some, but it can be difficult to insert. You have to fold the cup and make it smaller to insert into the vagina, but if it’s too stiff, it won’t be so easy to do this.
- The ridges on the bottom of the cup are very pronounced. This can make removal very easy but some women report that it’s very uncomfortable and that the ridges feel “sharp” once inside of them.
- The company has a terrible website! It’s surprising that they wouldn’t invest some money into a decent English website if they’re selling their product on Amazon USA. I won’t even link to it, it’s so bad! Think 1990’s!
Cleaning and Care of the FleurCup
With proper care, menstrual cups can last for up to 10 years. With improper care, the silicone can begin to degrade in a matter of months. If you want to get the most value for your money, you’ll need to look after cup. Here’s what Fleurcup recommends:
Wash your Hands
Before doing anything with a period cup, you should wash your hands. This is to prevent any sort of germs from being introduced into your vaginal canal. It’s sensitive up there!
Clean with Water and Soap
Fleurcup recommends cleaning your cup with water, and a gentle non-scented soap after you remove it, and before inserting it. Be sure to wash off any soap residue well for the same reason as above-it’s sensitive in there!
Sterilize after your Period is Done
When your period is finished, you can sterilize your Fleur Cup by boiling it for 5-10 minutes. You can microwave it, but we recommend using a wide, deep pot on the stove. Be sure the cup doesn’t touch the sides or bottom of the pot as this can damage it.
Proper Storage of the FleurCup
After sterilizing your Fleur Cup, be sure to let it dry completely. Then put it in the cloth bag it came in until next month. Or, just wrap it loosely in a paper towel if you don’t have the cloth bag. Whatever you do, never store it in an airtight container because that causes some serious bacteria growth.
The Takeaway on the FleurCup Menstrual Cup:
The Fleurcup isn’t a bad option, but it’s certainly not one of the more popular cups in the world and there are very few reviews on Amazon in either the UK or USA store. You could consider one of the more established menstrual cups, which you can find in these two places:
The main reason that you might buy a FleurCup is if you’re from France and like to shop local. Support your economy! The other reason is if you have a very heavy period, but also a low cervix. It can be pretty difficult to find a cup that will work for you. However, the large size might make an excellent pick for you.
Buy the FleurCup on Amazon: