The LolaCup Menstrual Cup
The LolaCup has a very high 4.8/5 star rating on Amazon and is made in the USA from the highest-quality, FDA approved medical grade silicone. It’s one of the cheapest cups on the market and certainly one of the cheapest ones manufactured in the USA. The LolaCup Menstrual Cup, a newcomer to the world of feminine hygiene products appears to be quite similar to the Dutchess Cup which also sells two for just under $30.
2 Sizes of LolaCup:
LolaCup Size 1 (small): For those who haven’t given birth vaginally.
Length: 69 mm, diameter: 41 mm, capacity: 23.5 ml
LolaCup Size 2 (large): For those who have given birth vaginally, or for those with really heavy flows.
Length: 76 mm, diameter: 46 mm, capacity: 27 ml
People that Like it are Saying:
“It’s soft which makes it easy to insert and remove. It’s also cheaper than many of the more popular cups on the market today.”
“I love that I won’t be spending money on pads and tampons any more!”
LolaCup Menstrual Cup Pros:
- The price. It’s one of the cheapest period cups available today. This is especially unusual that a cup this cheap is manufactured in the USA and not in China.
- The Lola Cup is manufactured in the USA, which is perfect for those who like to shop local.
- Although it’s not an FDA approved menstrual cup, it does appear to be made according to the highest quality standards.
LolaCup Menstrual Cup Cons:
- The length. At 69 mm and 76 mm, this period cup is unsuitable for those women with a low cervix and if this is your situation, consider the Femmy Cycle Low Cervix model which has some excellent reviews over on Amazon.
- Many of the reviews on Amazon are a bit over the top and appear to have been paid for. The 4.8/5 star rating should not be trusted.
- The lack of real reviews from those who aren’t happy with the product makes it quite difficult to tell the weaknesses of this cup. As of December 2015, there were only 4-5 star reviews, which is very unusual for a menstrual cup. Even the top rated cups like the Diva Cup and the Moon Cup have their share of unhappy users.
- After checking out the LolaCup website thoroughly, as well as reading all the reviews on Amazon, it’s still unclear whether this is a soft, or stiff cup. This basic lack of information is frustrating!
- I don’t understand why anyone needs two menstrual cups! A single cup can last you for years and it’s far easier to carry a spare tampon in your purse should you have an emergency than it is to carry around a menstrual cup.
- The large has a capacity of 27 ml, while the small is very small at 23.5 ml. This will not make the LolaCup suitable for someone with a heavy flow.
The Takeaway on the Lola Cup:
The LolaCup menstrual cup is still a newcomer and the lack of real reviews on Amazon make it not a great choice. While it certainly does seem like a high-quality cup at an excellent price, it would be wise to wait at least a few months for some negative reviews to come out in order to see the weaknesses. You’d do well to consider some of the older, more established companies like Moon Cup, Lunette, or Diva Cup where you’ll have a better idea of what you’re actually getting.
The other thing we don’t love is the marketing strategy of the LolaCup, along with a few other, newer menstrual cups. Nobody needs two menstrual cups! We wish companies would sell one, at a cheaper price, instead of 2 for around $30.
If you do however like a period cup manufactured in the USA at an excellent price and are willing to give it a chance, you can get it on Amazon: