FemmeCup Menstrual Cup Introduction
The Femmecup has a 4.3/5 star rating on Amazon UK. It’s a top-quality menstrual cup, made from medical grade silicone in the UK. We love menstrual cups manufactured in Europe here at Reusable Menstrual Cups because they are usually great products.
Only 1 Size
The unusual thing about the FemmeCup is that it comes in only one size, unlike the vast majority of other menstrual cups including the Diva Cup, Lena Cup, Blossom Cup and Moon Cup. The company states that this is a positive, in that there is no need for sizing charts-you can just buy the one cup. However, there is no one cup that can fit every single person!
To be fair, the sizing of the FemmeCup is average so it really will work for most people. We do like how it’s shorter than most other sanitary cups, making it suitable for people with a medium, or even low cervix.
Capacity: 30 ml
Diameter: 45 mm
Length: 55 mm
FemmeCup: About the Company
There isn’t that much information about the company, apart from over-the-top marketing materials. We’d love to know where it’s based (perhaps France), who started it, and why.
Despite this, FemmeCup does seem like a reputable company that is committed to selling a top-quality feminine hygiene product.
What People are Saying about the Femmecup:
“The Femme Cup has Improved my quality of life. I hated having to make sure I was stocked up with sanitary supplies each month. It seemed like such a waste of money too. This cup is easy to use-it’s easy enough to insert and remove, once you get the hang of it. It also doesn’t seem to leak most of the time, unlike some of the other cups that I’ve tried.”
“I don’t even feel like I’m on my period anymore. I’ll never go back to pads and tampons.”
“Where has this been all my life? I can’t believe I wasted so many years just throwing away my money! I love that this one is made by a European company.”
More FemmeCup Reviews
Buy the Femmecup on Amazon:
The best place to get the Femmecup is on Amazon. It’s not one of the most popular menstrual cup brands, so it can be hard to find on the shelf at your local drugstore or grocery store. Check out the Femmecup for yourself on Amazon today:
Care and Cleaning of the FemmeCup
Proper care and cleaning of your menstrual cup is important if you want it to last as long as possible. With proper care, your Femmecup can last for up to 10 years. With improper care, the silicone will start to degrade, smell bad, and be unusable in a matter of months. It really does make a big difference. Here is how you can clean your menstrual cup:
Wash your Hands
The most important thing is to wash your hands before handling a menstrual cup. The last thing you want to do is introduce all sorts of germs into your vaginal canal because it can result in things like yeast infections.
Water, Soap, or a Menstrual Cup Cleanser
After you remove your Femme Cup, you can empty it in the toilet, or sink, and then wash with warm water. You can also use gentle, non-scented soap or a special product like the Lunette Feelbetter Menstrual Cup Cleanser. With any of these things, be sure to wash off any residue before reinserting your period cup.
Sterilizing After your Cycle
The best way to deep clean your menstrual cup is to boil for 5-7 minutes. Be sure to use a deep, wide pot and keep an eye on things. You don’t want your cup to stick to the edges or sides of the pot. Be sure to dry thoroughly before storing it.
The best place to store a menstrual cup is in the cloth bag that came with your cup. You NEVER want to store a cup in an airtight container because that encourages bacteria growth. Air is a friend of menstrual cups!
The FemmeCup Menstrual Cup Pros:
1. The Femmecup menstrual cup is a bit unusual in the world of menstrual cups in that there’s only one size, unlike other popular brands such as The Diva Cup or The Moon Cup (check out this reusable menstrual cup comparison chart for details). This makes ordering really easy and simple.
2. Thin and pliable silicone, which will easily open once inside of the vaginal canal.
3. Manufactured and based in the UK-complies with the highest safety standards. Made from medical grade silicone.
4. At 55 mm in length, it’s shorter than the standard cups out there (at around 70 mm). This can be great for people with a medium or low cervix.
6. We love the clear colour here at Reusable Menstrual Cups! The company mentions that it may get cloudy over time, but that you shouldn’t worry about it.
The FemmeCup Cons:
1. It can be quite difficult to find outside of the U.K.
2. Quite a large rim diamater (45mm) and only one size, so might not be ideal for women with smaller vaginal canals (pre-childbirth, younger than 30).
3. One of the smallest lengths of menstrual cups on the market (see this comparison chart), so removal can be a little difficult.
4. Although the capacity is technically the same as the Diva Cup, some women report having to empty it more often. The reason behind this is uncertain, but it could have something to do with the design of it.
The Takeaway on the Femmecup Menstrual Cup:
If you’re looking for a menstrual cup and live in the UK, The Femmecup Menstrual Cup is an excellent choice, especially if you like to “buy local.” It snaps into place really easily since it’s so thin and pliable, however it can be quite difficult to remove due to the short stem length. It’s an economical choice as well, coming it a few dollars cheaper than some of the more expensive cups on the market like the Lunette Cup.
Although we find it quite strange that the company only offers one size, it could work for some people. This is particularly true if you have a low cervix, because at 50 mm in length, it’s a full 20 mm shorter than some of the more popular cups on the market today. However, the diameter is wider than normal, so if you have a small vaginal canal, it may not work that well for you.
Get the Femme Cup Today