FemmeCup Menstrual Cup Introduction
The Femmecup has a 4.3/5 star rating on Amazon UK. It’s a top-quality menstrual cup, made from medical grade silicone in the UK. We love menstrual cups manufactured in Europe here at Reusable Menstrual Cups because they are usually great products.
The unusual thing about the FemmeCup is that it comes in only one size, unlike the vast majority of other menstrual cups including the Diva Cup, Lena Cup, Blossom Cup and Moon Cup. The company states that this is a positive, in that there is no need for sizing charts-you can just buy the one cup. However, there is no one cup that can fit every single person!
To be fair, the sizing is average so it really will work for most people. We do like how it’s shorter than most other sanitary cups, making it suitable for people with a medium, or even low cervix.
Capacity: 30 ml
Diameter: 45 mm
Length: 55 mm
What People are Saying about the Femmecup:
“The Femme Cup has Improved my quality of life. I hated having to make sure I was stocked up with sanitary supplies each month. It seemed like such a waste of money too. This cup is easy to use-it’s easy enough to insert and remove, once you get the hang of it. It also doesn’t seem to leak most of the time, unlike some of the other cups that I’ve tried.”
“I don’t even feel like I’m on my period anymore. I’ll never go back to pads and tampons.”
“Where has this been all my life? I can’t believe I wasted so many years just throwing away my money! I love that this one is made by a European company.”
Buy the Femmecup:
The best place to get the Femmecup is on Amazon. It’s not one of the most popular menstrual cup brands, so it can be hard to find on the shelf at your local drugstore or grocery store. Check out the Femmecup for yourself on Amazon today:
The FemmeCup Menstrual Cup Pros:
1. The Femmecup menstrual cup is a bit unusual in the world of menstrual cups in that there’s only one size, unlike other popular brands such as The Diva Cup or The Moon Cup (check out this reusable menstrual cup comparison chart for details). This makes ordering really easy and simple.
2. Thin and pliable silicone, which will easily open once inside of the vaginal canal.
3. Manufactured and based in the UK-complies with the highest safety standards. Made from medical grade silicone.
4. At 55 mm in length, it’s shorter than the standard cups out there (at around 70 mm). This can be great for people with a medium or low cervix.
The FemmeCup Cons:
1. It can be quite difficult to find outside of the U.K.
2. Quite a large rim diamater (45mm) and only one size, so might not be ideal for women with smaller vaginal canals (pre-childbirth, younger than 30).
3. One of the smallest lengths of menstrual cups on the market (see this comparison chart), so removal can be a little difficult.
4. Although the capacity is technically the same as the Diva Cup, some women report having to empty it more often.
The Takeaway on the Femmecup Menstrual Cup:
If you’re looking for a menstrual cup and live in the UK, The Femmecup Menstrual Cup is an excellent choice, especially if you like to “buy local.” It snaps into place really easily since it’s so thin and pliable, however it can be quite difficult to remove due to the short stem length. It’s an economical choice as well, coming it a few dollars cheaper than some of the more expensive cups on the market like the Lunette Cup.
If you live in the UK, also be sure to check out The MoonCup, which is another menstrual cup manufactured in the UK.