The Keeper Menstrual Cup is a bit unusual in that it’s made from latex, unlike most other menstrual cups which are made from silicone. The big negative with this is that some women have an allergy to latex or begin to develop one after years of use. However, this cup will last far longer than the silicone ones, up to 10 years in some cases.
The Keeper has a 4.5/5 rating on Amazon and people are saying things like:
“It lasted for 10 years and is still going strong.”
“Awesome. It’s easy to insert and remove and it doesn’t leak.”
The Keeper Pros
1. Can last way longer than silicone (10+ years is quite normal).
2. Stiff material so pops open more easily than the Diva Cup or the Moon Cup.
3. Very long stem so easy to remove. It can also be cut for comfort.
4. Creates “super-suction” because it’s so stiff, reducing leakage.
5. Easy to clean.
The Keeper Cons
1. Some women are allergic to latex rubber.
2. It’s very stiff, which can make it difficult to insert for some women.
3. Uncomfortable due to the long length.
4. One of the smallest capacities of all menstrual cups for the “B” size (pre-childbirth). Not great for those really heavy flow days.
The Keeper menstrual cup is a different kind of cup, unlike many of the newer ones out there (Diva Cup, Moon Cup, Lunette) which are made from silicone and far more flexible. This may suit some women who want something that will just “snap” into place and stay there but others may find it uncomfortable. Although it does have a long stem, some may find it difficult to remove due to the stiffness of it.
It can be an extremely economical choice since it lasts for 10 years or even longer.
Get the Keeper Menstrual Cup on Amazon: