Menstrual cups are becoming more and more popular in recent years, and for good reason-they’re amazing! They are great for your body, for the environment, and also your pocketbook. Here’s why we love menstrual cups and think that every single person who has a period should have one for 2018:
- Reusable menstrual cups are great for the environment. Disposable pads and tampons are hard on the environment. Consider the fact that the average person uses 10+ boxes of these products each and every single year for around 40 years of their life! That’s a ton of waste that goes straight to the landfill. Not to mention the chemicals and waste from the manufacturing process. Now, compare this to a menstrual cup. This one single period cup can replace all those pads and tampons and last for five years or even longer. Love it? We sure do.
- Save money by using a Menstrual Cup in 2018. You know this one already, but disposable sanitary pads and tampons are expensive! Stop wasting money and get yourself a menstrual cup. They cost around $30 USD for the top-quality ones, but you’ll recoup this in less six months from not having to use disposable feminine hygiene products.
- Menstrual Cups are Better for your Health. While disposable tampons are convenient, they do have a significant downside, which is Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS). Although the risk is relatively small, it can happen and when it does, it’s very serious. Menstrual Cups, like the Diva Cup, or the MoonCup have no known cases of TSS associated with their use.
- Hassle Free Periods. Menstrual Cups hold between 15 and 40 ml of fluid. Compare this to a jumbo tampon that comes it at around 10 ml, and it’s obvious that a menstrual cup is the hassle free choice. You’ll have to deal with it less often, and by combining a high-capacity menstrual cup with a reusable cloth pad, you might even be able to make it through an entire night.
Top 5 Best Menstrual Cups 2018
Are you convinced that a menstrual cup is just what you need for 2018? We hope so! Without further ado, let’s get to our list of the Top 5 Menstrual Cups for 2018. There are a few classics, and a few top-quality newcomers to the scene. There are some for people with a low cervix, some for people with a heavy period, one for teens, and some for regular people! You can find the Diva Cup, Moon Cup, Anigan EvaCup, Lena Cup and the FemmyCycle.
Let’s get started! Onwards to the best menstrual cups for 2018.
#1 Best Menstrual Cup: The Diva Cup
First up on our list of top menstrual cups for 2018 is the Diva Cup. The Diva Cup is the most popular menstrual cup in the world and for good reason-it’s a top quality cup at a very reasonable price. It’s the menstrual cup to which all others are compared.
It’s also the first one that most people use, and many of those people end up sticking with it for the rest of their lives. If it works, it works. There’s no reason to switch to another one if you try it, and it doesn’t leak.
Because it’s so popular, you can get it easily in just about any country by ordering it on Amazon.
Check out our full review of the Diva Cup.
The Diva Cup is available in 2 sizes:
- Small (pre-childbirth). If you’re under the age of 30, and have never given birth vaginally, this is probably the best choice for you.
- Large (post-childbirth). If you’re over the age of 30, or have given birth vaginally, then you should start with the large size.
You can easily get this top-quality period cup, made in Canada on Amazon today:
#2 Best Menstrual Cup: The MoonCup
Next up on our list of best menstrual cups for 2018 is the MoonCup. In terms of design, dimensions and sizes, it’s very similar to the Diva Cup. The main difference is that it’s manufactured in the UK. So, if you live in Europe and like to shop local, this may be the menstrual cup for you.
The Moon Cup is one of the oldest, most established menstrual cups in the world today and it’s certainly an excellent one to choose if you’re looking for your first cup. For whatever reason, many people find that the MoonCup doesn’t leak for them, unlike some of the other period cups that they’ve tried.
Check out our full review of the MoonCup Menstrual Cup.
The MoonCup comes in 2 sizes:
- Small (pre-childbirth)
- Large (post-childbirth)
You can easily get this menstrual cup from Amazon, delivered to almost any country in the world. Check it out for yourself today:
#3 Best Menstrual Cup: The FemmyCycle
Coming in at #3 on our list of the Best Menstrual Cups for 2018 is the FemmyCycle. It’s made in the USA, according to the strictest manufacturing standards. The main selling point is that it has an unusual, no-spill design that works for a lot of people. This is particularly true if you’re tried the more traditional cups like the Diva Cup or Moon Cup and found that they kept leaking, for whatever reason.
Check out our full FemmyCycle review.
The FemmyCycle Menstrual Cup comes in a variety of sizes:
- Low-Cervix. If you have a low cervix, this model is a full 20mm shorter than most of the other menstrual cups on the market today. It should work for you, even if a lot of other period cups haven’t!
- Teen Model. If you are a teenager, or a very small person, then you might want to consider the teen model of the FemmyCycle. It’s a very small cup, and will feel comfortable even if you’ve never used one before.
- Regular. If you don’t have a low cervix, or a very small vaginal canal, then the regular FemmyCycle should work well for you.
You can get any of the FemmyCycle models on Amazon today:
#4 Best Menstrual Cup: The Anigan EvaCup
Coming in at #4 on our list is the Anigan EvaCup. Although it’s a relative newcomer to the menstrual cup world, it’s a top-quality cup that is cheaper than many of the older, more popular cups. It’s made in the USA from top-quality medical grade silicone, according to the strictest manufacturing standards. It’s cheaper price-tag is in no way any indication of inferior quality. On the contrary, it compares to the more expensive cups extremely well.
The Anigan EvaCup also comes in a wide variety of colours, unlike many of the other cups. Colour choice in a menstrual cup? How unusual! But, also awesome. We love this about the Anigan EvaCup and we’re sure you will too.
Check out our full review of the Anigan EvaCup.
There are two sizes of Anigan Eva Cup:
- Small (pre-childbirth)
- Large (post-childbirth). The large Eva Cup has a capacity of 37 ml, making it an excellent choice for people with a heavy flow.
You can get this made in the USA menstrual cup on Amazon today:
#5 Best Menstrual Cup: The Lena Cup
Rounding out our list of the best menstrual cups for 2018 is the Lena Cup. It’s another newcomer to the menstrual cup scene. The Lena Cup has come out with a bang, garnering some of the highest user ratings in the category on Amazon. It’s a top-quality cup that’s made from medical grade silicone in the USA. It’s also cheaper than some of the older, more established cups like the Lunette Cup.
One of the things that we love best about the Lena Cup is that it doesn’t seem to leak for most people. For whatever reason, the Lena Cup is designed well and seems to snap into place quite easily, and then just stays there, even for very active people. A cup that doesn’t leak? We love it! And we’re sure that you will too.
Check out the full review of the Lena Cup.
There are two sizes of Lena Cup:
- Normal Flow (small)
- Heavy Flow (large)
You can get the Lena Cup, one of the best menstrual cups for 2018 on Amazon today: