Reusable cloth menstrual pads are an excellent option instead of disposable ones for the following three reasons:
- The environment. Stop putting all that plastic that doesn’t biodegrade into the landfill. This is an eco-friendly product you can feel good about buying.
- The price. Disposable pads are expensive! A package of cloth menstrual pads costs a bit more up-front but can last for years, making it an excellent investment.
- Your health. Stop putting chemicals next to your skin-most disposable pads contain traces of pesticides sprayed on cotton.
Love my antibacterial bamboo fiber Mama Cloth menstrual pads. That’s quite the name, but the company behind this product is actually “Mama Cloth,” which has a wide range of eco-friendly products including cloth diapers, breastfeeding pads, etc. These reusable menstrual pads have a 4.0/5 out of 5 star rating on Amazon and are a bit cheaper than the other popular ones.
These cloth pads are made from antibacterial bamboo fibers which will give you a dry feeling next to your skin. They’re an excellent choice for light-medium flow days and can be a good choice for larger women since they’re a bit wider and longer than the average cloth pad.
What People are Saying about the Mama Cloth Pads:
“They are very soft and come out clean from the washing machine.”
“They are comfortable and much less irritating than normal pads.”
“They are the most comfortable brand of menstrual pads I’ve ever used.”
Mama Cloth Pros:
- The price. They’re cheaper than many other popular brands which are usually around $5 per pad.
- The wings are serious! Most women mentioned that the pads stayed firmly in place, more so than other brands of menstrual pads.
- They come in a cute pouch, perfect for taking one with you on the go.
- A choice of six colourful designs.
- The fabric feels really nice against the skin and is breathable, unlike many of the other brands of menstrual pads out there.
Mama Cloth Cons:
- They aren’t appropriate for heavy flow days, or for women with heavy periods. Perhaps consider pairing a cloth menstrual pad with a menstrual cup in order to handle this.
- The pads are bulky, making them great to wear at night or around the house, but some women mentioned that you couldn’t wear them with tight pants.
- They aren’t great for smaller women-they are quite wide and long.
- The rating on Amazon. It’s not terrible at 4.0/5, but a couple of other popular brands (Dutchess Pads and Heart Felt Pads) are up in the 4.5 range.
Mama Cloth menstrual pads are a quality product at an affordable price. They are most suitable for larger women looking for a product that they can wear overnight or around the house during the day. Hopefully this company will start producing a smaller pad more suitable for smaller women and/or as a pantyliner/menstrual cup backup protection.
If you’re looking to buy a menstrual cup, please see: Top 10 Choices for a Menstrual Cup.
Buy Mama Cloth Pads:
The best place to get these is on Amazon.
Also consider getting a Dutchess Wet Bag, perfect for using cloth menstrual pads when you’re out on the go.