Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup Summary
- One of the cheapest menstrual cups
- Made in China
- 2 sizes (pre-childbirth, and post-childbirth)
- Very little information about this menstrual cup
- Similar in design to the Hengsong Cup, another cheap menstrual cup from China
- Pretty Woman Cup is easily available on Amazon (find it here)
Review of the Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup
The Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup is a cheap menstrual cup that appears to be a recent addition to the menstrual cup world. My guess, simply due to the price is that it’s manufactured in China, although there’s very little information about it.
A hint that it’s not a reputable company putting out a top-quality product is the quality of English on the Amazon description. It’s not just poor English grammar. Some of the claims they make are just downright impossible (menstrual cups can reduce your flow?).
Here are just a few of the gems that we found:
“Quality hygiene pinky BAG.”
“YOU WILL LOVE THE DRAMATIC RESULTS: That will help you decrease your flow.”
“FDA APPROVED, should be bought for your best girlfriend PRESENT.”
You can check out all the cheapest menstrual cups for yourself:
Lack of Information about the Pretty Woman Cup
Another major consideration is that there is very little real information about sizes. All we’re told in the product information is that there is a Size 1 (pre-childbirth) and Size 2 (post-childbirth) option.
It’s uncertain which option will work best for which person (low/high cervix, pre or post-childbirth, age, etc.) because there are no recommendations. We looked everywhere for the exact dimensions of this cup, but it appears that the company doesn’t even have a website.
We’d love some additional information about the exact dimensions. If someone from the company could contact us, we’d be happy to include this information.
No official company website is a huge red flag. Legit companies always have websites with lots of useful information and details about their product. There is contact information, and a return policy. There are recommendations for care and cleaning.
You can find tips for how to insert and remove your cup. These things are the bare minimum that you should expect from a menstrual cup company.
Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup Negatives:
- Very flimsy. Many women couldn’t get this menstrual cup to open properly once inside of them. This was the case even for some experienced period cup users.
- Lack of information about the size of cups (diameter, length, etc.)
- Lack of information about where it’s made
- Very long, even if you trim the stem
- Some questions about whether or not it’s made from medical grade silicone (reports of allergic reactions)
- Very poor English on the product description on Amazon
- False claims, for example that menstrual cups can reduce your flow
- No official company website
The Takeaway on the Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup:
Menstrual cups are amazing for a whole lot of reasons, including plenty of environmental and health benefits, not to mention how much cheaper they are over the long-run when compared to pads and tampons.
However, the Pretty Woman Menstrual Cup is not so amazing! It appears to be a flimsy, cheaply-made product from China (similar to the Vida Cup, OTBBA, or the Hengsong Cup). If you look at pictures of the Pretty Woman Cup next to some of these ones, they look exactly the same.
Consider a Top-Quality Cup Instead
You’d be much better off spending $10-15 more and getting yourself a quality product that is indeed made from the highest quality medical grade silicone. These cups are made according to the highest manufacturing standards.
Have a look at this comparison chart for some of the best menstrual cup brands in the world: