- HEAVY FLOW / OVERNIGHT Protection for those heavy days and nights when needing extra security and...
- ESSENTIAL for savvy eco-conscious women. Reusable, and Sustainable. HUGE savings to be made by using...
- DOUBLE CHARCOAL BAMBOO LAYERS of these cloth menstrual pads is soft with maximum absorbency. Eco...
- FEEL SECURE - the waterproof outer layer and comfort of the softer, cotton microfleece layers...
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Better for your Body than Tampons and Paper Pads! No chemicals! Fold over, snap...
Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pad
Dutchess is a brand of cloth menstrual pad that has some great reviews over on Amazon.
These cloth menstrual pads have a charcoal and bamboo inner layer, which do a great job of absorbing fluid, but also prevent any odours. The micro fleece layer feels good against your skin and the snaps keep this pad securely in place.
You can buy them in a nice variety of cute designs and patterns. Overall, they’re a very well made product at a very reasonable price and some of the best reusable cloth menstrual pads on the market today.
Keep on reading for our full review of these popular cloth pads, or check them out for yourself on Amazon:
Consider Making the Switch to Reusables
Cloth menstrual pads are a preferred option to disposable ones for the following reasons:
- They’ll save you money. A set of five Dutchess cloth menstrual pads is affordable on Amazon and you’ll make your money back in just a few months as opposed to always buying a box of disposable pads each month. Disposable menstrual pads are expensive-around $5 per box. If you have a heavy period, you’ll definitely use an entire box every month. This adds up to more than $60 per year.
- They’re way better for the environment. These cloth menstrual pads are reusable, meaning you just wash them and use them again. They’re extremely durable, meaning they can last for years and they’re also resistant to staining so they’ll still look nice even after years of use. We love eco-friendly products here at Reusable Menstrual Cups!
- No more chemicals! Stop putting harsh chemicals next to your skin. Pads and tampons contain pesticides from the cotton used to manufacture them and aren’t good for your body. If you find that disposable pads give you rashes and irritated skin, consider making the switch to reusable menstrual pads. Our guess is that you’ll see a big difference.
What People are Saying about Dutchess Menstrual Pads:
“They are really easy to wash and I can’t believe that they don’t stain. I pre-soak them first in cold water, which you probably don’t have to, but I want mine to keep looking brand new.”
“This one pad did the same job as 4 or 5 disposable ones during my last cycle. It just seems so much better for the environment ot use reusable cloth pads instead of disposables.”
“They are a nice length and width for me. Some of the other ones I’ve tried slide around and bunch up, but these ones are great. They stay in place, even when running or cycling. Amazing! My only regret is not switching to disposables years earlier.”
Pair with a Menstrual Cup?
If you have a very heavy period, you may find that a cloth menstrual cup, such as these ones from Dutchess isn’t enough to absorb all the fluid. You could use a tampon for a bit of extra protection. However, unless you go organic, they contain pesticides and chemicals that aren’t good for your body. Plus, they’re expensive.
A better option is a menstrual cup. In case you don’t know what that is, it’s a reusable, cylinder that is usually made from medical grade silicone. They can last for up to 10 years, if you take care of them properly.
The best news is that a menstrual cup has a capacity that is 3-4x more than even a jumbo tampon. 3-4x more capacity = 3-4x less period hassle. You might even be able to sleep through the night!
Our top-rated menstrual cup is the Lena Cup. It’s affordably priced, manufactured in the USA and has some of the highest user ratings on Amazon.
Check out: Lena Cup Review.
Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pad Pros:
- It’s a quality product made by a quality company and they have a very high rating in the reusable menstrual pad world.
- Save money! These cloth menstrual pads are affordable for a pack of 5, but they can last for years. You’ll save money in just a few months.
- Most people commented that while they slid around a little bit, they usually didn’t leak, at least for low-medium flow days.
- Help the environment. Feel good about this purchase by preventing all that plastic from disposable menstrual pads from going to the landfill.
- Perfect if you have sensitive skin or allergies. Try out reusable menstrual pads and you’ll likely notice a big difference.
Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pad Cons:
- They shift around a little bit because they only have one snap.
- Chemical smell that didn’t come out even after a few washes.
- While they are absorbent, it’s not as much as a disposable pad. But, why not pair up this pad with a menstrual cup? Some of the highest quality ones include: The Lunette Cup, Moon Cup, or Diva Cup and all three make an excellent choice for a first-time menstrual cup user.
The Takeaway on Dutchess Cloth Pads:
As far as reusable menstrual pads go, the Dutchess cloth menstrual pad is an excellent option. It is reasonably absorbent, comfortable to wear and affordable.
There’s not much more we can say about Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pads! They really are a product that just works. Although we have a ton of cloth pads in our bathroom, these ones are our go-to and we use them up first, before having to foray into the other brands. Love them.
Buy Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pads:
The best place to buy Dutchess Cloth menstrual pads is on Amazon, where you can get a set of 5 for a very reasonable price.
Also Consider Dutchess Wet Bags:
The Dutchess wet bag is going to make your life using reusable menstrual pads way easier. Bring one along with you while you’re on the go, put your used pad into it, seal it up and throw it into the wash once you get home. It’s far better than carrying around plastic bags, especially for the environment. They’re also great for swimsuits, diapers, etc.
Anything wet and messy on the road? This is what you need, especially for your cloth menstrual pad! Don’t be scared to use reusable menstrual products when away from home. It does require a bit of planning, such as carrying this Dutchess Wet Bag, but it’s actually not a big deal.
Last update on 2019-05-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API