Do you want to know how to fold a menstrual cup? Then you’re certainly in the right place. We’re going to give you the rundown about the Punch Down Fold, one of our favourites along with some other tips and tricks.
Lunette Cup Introduction
Before we get into all the details about how to fold the Lunette Cup, we’ll give you a brief rundown of what you need to know about the Lunette Menstrual Cup.
It’s one of the most popular menstrual cup brands in the world and is made in Finland from top-quality medical grade silicone.
The Lunette has some excellent customer reviews and ratings over on Amazon. It’s so good that many people start with it as their first menstrual cup and end up sticking with it for the rest of their lives.
For more information about whether or not the Lunette is the right period cup for you, check out: Full Lunette Cup Review.
How to Fold the Lunette Cup: Advice from the Company
What are some things to consider when folding the Lunette Cup to insert it? There are two basic things:
- Does the Lunette hurt when you insert it? It shouldn’t. If it hurts to insert the Lunette Cup, then try a fold that makes the cup smaller. For example, the Punch Down Fold.
- Does it open easily inside you? The Lunette is one of the firmer menstrual cups and it should open pretty easily inside you. If it doesn’t, then try another fold.
The company has some basic details about how to fold the Lunette Cup. They recommend three different menstrual cup fold:
C-Fold / Heart Fold
- The most basic fold that works for most people.
- Squeeze the cup in from 2 sides. That’s it!
All about the C-Fold
Punch-Down Fold / Shell Fold
The punch down fold is one of our favourites for menstrual cups and it’s often the one that we recommend starting out with. It’s easy, even for beginners and usually will allow the cup to pop open quite easily once placed inside of you.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start with the cup fully open
- Push the rim towards the base
- Then pinch it together so that it doesn’t open up
Menstrual Cup Punch Down Fold Pros and Cons
There are a number of advantages and disadvantages to this fold. Here are a just a few of them.
- Ideal for beginners because it’s one of the easiest ones to execute
- A very narrow entry point makes it quite comfortable for most people
- Only one real thing you need to do (press the cup down on one side)
- Wide at the midpoint which some people may find uncomfortable
- Some issues with the cup not opening once inside which can result in leaking
How to do the Punchdown Fold
7-Fold / Triangle Fold
- It’s very simple to do this menstrual cup fold
- Try it if the other ones don’t work that well for you
- Squeeze the cup in, and fold over one side with your thumb
More Details about the 7-Fold
More Details about How to Fold the Lunette Cup
For even more options for how to fold the Lunette Cup, then you’ll need to check out this short video:
How to Fold the Lunette: Have your Say!
What’s is your favourite way to fold the Lunette Cup? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other menstrual cup users, like yourself find this useful resource.