Lunette Cup Introduction
Before we get into all the details about how to fold the Lunette Cup, we’ll give you a brief rundown of what you need to know about the Lunette Menstrual Cup.
It’s one of the most popular menstrual cup brands in the world and is made in Finland from top-quality medical grade silicone.
The Lunette has some excellent customer reviews and ratings over on Amazon. It’s so good that many people start with it as their first menstrual cup and end up sticking with it for the rest of their lives.
For more information about whether or not the Lunette is the right period cup for you, check out: Full Lunette Cup Review.
How to Fold the Lunette Cup: Advice from the Company
What are some things to consider when folding the Lunette Cup to insert it? There are two basic things:
- Does the Lunette hurt when you insert it? It shouldn’t. If it hurts to insert the Lunette Cup, then try a fold that makes the cup smaller. For example, the Punch Down Fold.
- Does it open easily inside you? The Lunette is one of the firmer menstrual cups and it should open pretty easily inside you. If it doesn’t, then try another fold.
The company has some basic details about how to fold the Lunette Cup. They recommend three different menstrual cup fold:
C-Fold / Heart Fold
- The most basic fold that works for most people.
- Squeeze the cup in from 2 sides. That’s it!
All about the C-Fold
Punch-Down Fold / Shell Fold
- Popular with younger menstrual cup users because it makes it as small as possible
- Squeeze the Lunette Cup in. Push in one side with a finger on the other hand
How to do the Punchdown Fold
7-Fold / Triangle Fold
- It’s very simple to do this menstrual cup fold
- Try it if the other ones don’t work that well for you
- Squeeze the cup in, and fold over one side with your thumb
More Details about the 7-Fold
More Details about How to Fold the Lunette Cup
For even more options for how to fold the Lunette Cup, then you’ll need to check out this short video:
How to Fold the Lunette: Have your Say!
What’s is your favourite way to fold the Lunette Cup? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.