- Our pads are made with 0% chlorine bleaching, which helps prevent harmful toxins from entering...
- Maxi Pads that feature our innovative purefit design that conforms to your body for reliable leak...
- Available in whatever fit you prefer (ultra-thin with wings, liners, or maxi) and whatever...
- Period care on a mission. We’re donating 43 for every pack of tampons and pads we sell in the U.S....
- Made with 0% Fragrances, Dyes, Deodorants, or Rayon.
Are you looking for some top-quality chlorine free pads? Then these Seventh Generation Pads should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide packed with information to help you decide if they’re right for you.
Seventh Generation Pads Introduction
If you’re looking to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals during your period, you may want to opt for 7th Generation Pads. Here are a few quick facts about them:
- Manufactured in Quebec, Canada
- Whitened without chlorine
- Hypoallergenic and free of dyes or fragrances, making them a perfect option for people with sensitive skin
- Overnight pads have contoured wings for a more comfortable fit
- Individually wrapped
- Soft cover that feels nice next to the skin
- Come in a variety of sizes from pantyliners to heavy, overnight pads
Sounds like it might be the right maxi pad for you? You can check them out for yourself over on Amazon:
Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Overnight Pads Review
Maybe you’re kind of like me. I’m trying to reduce my exposure to chemicals as much as possible, especially when it comes to my period. The toxins come from bleaching, as well as the pesticides that are used to grow the cotton in regular tampons and pads.
Even though pads and tampons contain small amounts of trace chemicals and pesticides, this adds up over time, and the long-term effects aren’t really understood yet.
More studies are needed to really understand how this affects women’s bodies.
Why Isn’t this Information on Packaging?
I hate that pad and tampon manufacturers aren’t required to disclose what’s in their products. For example, in the USA, pads and tampons are classified as medical devices by the FDA which is how companies get around this lack of information. Ideally, they’d just disclose this willingly, but most don’t.
Maybe this will change in the future, but in the meantime, I’m making the switch away from non-organic disposable feminine hygiene products. It’s a better choice for my health, as well as the environment.
Make the Switch to a Safer Alternative for Personal Care
One way that you can reduce your exposure to chemicals is by switching to something like these 7th Generation Pads. These pads are made in Quebec, Canada from top-quality materials. They have some excellent customer reviews and ratings, and are very reasonably priced.
What’s in Seventh Generation Pads?
I love that Seventh Generation is up-front about what’s in their pads. It’s a refreshing change from most of the other companies. Our hope is that more feminine care companies will follow suit with this disclosure.
Here’s what they say on their website:
Ingredients: What’s in Seventh Generation Pads?
Chlorine-free processed wood pulp, polyolefin, adhesives, silicone-coated paper.
*Process chlorine-free pads. Peel strip whitened with chlorine containing chemicals.
Why You Should Consider Making a Switch to Chemical Free Pads
Chlorine Free Sanitary Pads make an excellent choice for the following reasons:
- They’re great for sensitive skin because they don’t contain the harsh chemicals that regular pads have. These seventh generation chemical free pads don’t contain scents or dyes that can cause skin irritation.
- Chlorinated toxins can pollute air, soil and water. They are a great choice for the environment and help protect our Earth for future generations.
- Seventh Generation pads are packaged in fully recycled materials.
- They also work well at preventing leaks during your period.
You can easily get these tampons on Amazon. Check now for the best prices, and don’t forget to see if you’re eligible for free shipping with an Amazon Prime membership:
Seventh Generation: About the Company
7th Generation makes a wide range of top-quality, eco-friendly products. They make soaps, and cleaners that are safe for the environment, toilet paper and paper towels without chlorine as well as a line of things for babies. As far as feminine hygiene products go, besides pads, they also make tampons. More details here: Seventh Generation Tampons.
The company has been around for decades and we love that many of their products are made in North America. 7th Generation makes products from renewable, plant-based ingredients. They try to minimize the amount of harm to the environment as much as possible.
They use recycled materials in their packaging, and also design to be recycled in turn. There isn’t much not to love about Seventh Generation!
People that Like 7th Generation Pads are Saying:
“I have a very heavy flow and these pads are amazing! They’re super long and also very absorbent. I’ve made a permanent switch to these ones. No more irritated and itchy skin down there too. There’s really nothing to not love about these sanitary pads.”
“These pads are reasonably priced (not that much more than the regular kind) and they don’t leak. I love the wings on them. I used to get all kinds of rashes from regular pads, but so far these ones are working really well for me.”
“No other pads compare to these highly absorbent ones. They’re by far the best of the natural pads. For some reason, the other ones just seem to leak like crazy for me. I love the wings on these things that wrap far enough around my underwear to actually offer some good coverage.”
“I use their ultra thin pads as a backup to my menstrual cup. They work well and I’m happy to be making a better choice for my health! I’ll be trying out their other household products now too.”
- The wings are not dead-center in the middle of the pad which makes them stay in place quite well.
- No harmful chemicals or fragrances (chlorine, dyes, and deodarants).
- Hypoallergenic, which means that they’re great for people with sensitive skin.
- Very soft on the skin so they’re comfortable to wear even for hours.
- They are very absorbent so they make an excellent choice for women with heavy flows.
- Leak-free protection
- 7th Generation pads are free of fragrances.
- An option for ultra thin pads that are also very absorbent
- They’re very bulky, more so than regular pads.
- The lack of “dry-weave” means that they don’t pull moisture away from the body as well as regular pads. The cotton can also bunch up in them.
- For an overnight pad, they’re quite short and may not offer enough protection for some.
- While they’re chlorine free, they’re not organic, unlike some of the other pads out there (Natracare for example).
The Takeaway on these Natural Maxi Pads:
As far as overnight organic or chlorine free pads go, these ones from Seventh Generation make an excellent choice. They make a much better choice than Organyc Organic Menstrual Pads for anyone with a heavy flow or for those looking to put a bit more money back in their wallets.
Reasonably Priced Choice for Women
Priced affordably they’re an economical chemical and scent-free pad. You can easily buy these chlorine-free, 7th Generation Pads on Amazon.
A Trusted Name in Feminine Hygiene
7th Generation makes a huge range of natural pads, from pantyliners to these overnight ones. There are also the traditional bulky ones, as well as an ultra-thin line. You’ll definitely be able to find the right pad for your needs, from very light to a heavy flow day.
Click on the “shop now” button below to check out all your options for a chemical-free period experience. 7th Generation is one of the best brands in this space:
How Do Seventh Generation Pads Compare to Organic Pads?
If you’re looking to go eco-friendly for your feminine hygiene products, you’re probably deciding between reusable cloth pads, chlorine free pads, and organic pads. Let’s compare organic pads to Seventh Generation Pads.
Organic maxi pads have a number of advantages over 7th Generation Pads:
- No toxic chemicals for organic pads, while Seventh Generation Pads don’t have this distinction
- Organic pads contain organic cotton that is grown without pesticides
- Most organic pads are plastic-free, including the packaging.
As you can see, organic pads have a lot going for them! Just about the only thing we don’t love is the price.
The takeaway? If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to conventional pads that don’t come at a very high price, then opt for 7th Generation.
However, if you have a bit more money to spend, then consider going with organic pads. We LOVE that they contain no toxins in them at all, plus the fact that they’re plastic-free. You can check out some or our top picks here: The Top 5 Organic Tampons.
Or, check out this handy comparison chart below:
Natracare Organic Pads vs Seventh Generation Pads
Seventh Generation Pads: Have your Say!
What are your thoughts about these chlorine free pads? Or, do you have any questions that you’d like to us to answer? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this content a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. It’ll help other women, like yourself find a better choice for period protection.
Last update on 2020-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API