Organyc Organic Menstrual Pads Review
These organic pads are a nice option for someone looking to reduce their exposure to toxic chemicals. Here are some quick facts about these organic menstrual pads:
- Affordably priced for an organic pad option (Check prices here)
- Wide variety of sizes and absorbency levels
- Organic menstrual pads are perfect for people with sensitive skin or allergies
- Fully biodegradable
- Wings helps organyc pads stay in place easily
- The company makes a wide range of organic feminine hygiene and baby products
It can be a bit difficult to find these organic menstrual pads in stores, which is why we recommend buying them online. Check them out here: Organyc Pads on Amazon.
Why Consider Organic Menstrual Pads?
Organic Menstrual Pads make an excellent choice for the following reasons:
- Good for your body. Regular menstrual pads and tampons contain harsh chemicals that aren’t good for your body, particularly if you have allergies or are sensitive to scents. For more details about the chemicals in regular pads and tampons, check out: Are Tampons Dangerous?
- Good for the environment. Organic menstrual pads are biodegradable and compostable. They contain no chlorine, which is both harmful to your body as well as the environment.
- Ideal for those with sensitive skin as they won’t cause rashes or irritation.
These Organyc Nighttime Organic Pads are more expensive than regular, non-organic menstrual pads. However, when considering the health as well as environmental benefits, they are worth the extra cost.
Where to Buy Organic Feminine Hygiene Products
Many people go to their local health food store to buy organic sanitary products. You’ll probably notice that they are very expensive there.
In our experience, the best place to find organic feminine hygiene products is on Amazon. They’re often about half the price of what you’ll see in health food shops.
You can easily get the full range of Organyc Pads and Tampons on Amazon now:
Organyc Pads Review
What People are Saying about these Organic Menstrual Pads:
“They’re longer than other pads and they don’t leak at all. I use a menstrual cup with mine and find that I don’t have to get up during the night, even though I have quite a heavy period. I’ve tried cloth pads before but found that they didn’t absorb well so wanted to try out an organic disposable option.”
“These are organic pads that I can wear without worrying about pain and itching from yeast infections. I wish more people knew about these organic options for pads and tampons. They’ve been a real life-saver, and I also love that I’m not exposing myself to toxic chemicals each month.”
“They don’t absorb as well as traditional pads, buy they’re breathable and don’t cause itching like the traditional ones. I use a tampon or menstrual cup with mine, so the little bit less absorbency isn’t really a big deal to me. I mostly wear Organyc Pads as a bit of a back-up.”
“I use these for light stress incontinence and find them less irritating than regular pads. Thank you for making such a great product!”
Compare Organic Menstrual Pads
Organyc Organic Menstrual Pad Pros:
- The length. Most people report that they’re long and big enough to last through the night with no stained underwear or bedding.
- Most people mention that they stayed in place quite easily through the night because of the wings, and also that the wings are large enough to provide some nice coverage.
- No more itching. These organic menstrual pads are great for those with allergies to the non-organic pads.
- No more plastic in the landfill. These organic nighttime menstrual pads are fully biodegradable and make an excellent choice for the environment.
Organyc Organic Menstrual Pad Cons:
- These pads are very thin and don’t absorb as well as traditional menstrual pads so there are some reports of leaking. They’re best for those with light-medium flows as opposed to heavy ones.
- They can leave you feeling wet because there isn’t the top absorbent layer like in regular pads.
- They are expensive, but cheaper if you buy them on Amazon rather than your local health food store.
Why Choose Organyc Pads and Tampons
Are you looking specifically for organic pantyliners? Then check this out: Top 5 Organic Cotton Pantyliners.
Are Conventional Sanitary Napkins Safe?
Okay, so you may think to yourself, “Organic pads are expensive!” You may be tempted to buy non-organic sanitary napkins instead. It is indeed tempting to save a few bucks.
Are they really dangerous? It’s kind of uncertain because there are no long-term studies.
What is known is that there are trace amounts of toxic chemicals in non-organic sanitary pads. The toxins come from the pesticides used to grow the cotton, and also from the bleaching process. Exposure to this stuff can add up over time, and cause some serious health effects.
Part of the problem is that companies aren’t required to disclose what’s in these things in most countries. In the USA, pads are classified as “medical devices” and don’t have to disclose this information about toxins to consumers.
It only makes sense to switch to something like Organyc Pads, or other brand of organic sanitary napkins. Reducing your exposure to toxic chemicals in all areas of life is certainly a good thing!
The Takeaway on the Organyc Organic Nighttime Menstrual Pads:
Overall, these organic menstrual pads are a decent option if you’re looking for something without irritating and harsh chemicals. They’re much better for your body as well as the environment and are excellent if you have sensitive skin. They won’t give you rashes and irritated skin like the traditional non-organic menstrual pads.
As far as organic pads go, they’re a great choice and seem like one of the best options on the market.
However, they’re some of the most expensive menstrual pads you can buy! However, buying them on Amazon is reasonable option, and you’ll also be able to choose from all the absorbency levels.
These pads are also very thin, so probably work best for those with light-medium overnight flows instead of heavy ones. Or course, you could pair this sanitary pad with a menstrual cup or tampon for some serious capacity.
You can get the Organyc Organic Nighttime Menstrual Pads easily on Amazon:
What about Organyc Maternity Pads?
After giving birth, most people experience bleeding for a few days to a few weeks. It’s called Lochia, can include clots and may be very heavy, heavier than a regular period.
While some people do use regular sanitary pads, it’s recommend that you use special maternity pads such as these ones from Organyc.
When compared to regular sanitary pads, maternity pads are:
- Softer and feel better on your sensitive skin
- More absorbent
If you’re looking to go organic, then you may want to consider these maternity pads from Organyc. They’re all of these things mentioned above, but minus all the toxic chemicals that you probably don’t want next to your body during this time. You can check them out for yourself over on Amazon:
Have your Say about Organyc Pads
What do you think about these Organyc Menstrual Pads? Are they a buy, or are you considering other organic pads? Or, you just want to save money and buy regular sanitary napkins from the drugstore.
Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Jackie Bolen has been obsessed with eco-friendly period products for years and is the chief tester and expert here at Reusable Menstrual Cups. She thinks she might know more about menstrual cups than just about anyone in Canada!