What are the Best Organic Pantyliners?
Keep on reading for all the details about our top picks for organic panty-liners, but here’s the quick summary:
- Oi Organic Pantyliners
- Cora Organic Pantyliners
- Rael Organic Cotton Panty Liners
- Organyc Hypoallergenic Panty-Liners
- Natratouch Panty Liners
How Did We Choose the Top Panty-Liners?
We follow the same general process, whether it’s pads or tampons, menstrual cups or urination devices. Here’s what we do:
- We look carefully at the overall user rating on Amazon, taking into account the total number of ratings (more than 100 is preferred). Then, we dig deeper into the 3-4 star reviews because they usually give the most accurate picture of a product’s pros and cons.
- Then we see what other bloggers and YouTubers are saying about it.
- After that, we look carefully at the company’s website, in particular, the philosophy, and where/how the product is made. We’ll also take a look at price at this point because our goal is to help you get the best value for your money.
- Then we try out the products for ourselves. We get some of them for free, while we pay for others. This has no impact on our final review.
- The final step is recommending the top products for you to try out.
Why Make the Switch to Organic Pantyliners?
There are a lot of reasons to consider making the switch to organic pantyliners, away from non-organics. You may not know this, but many regular pads and tampons contain trace amounts of toxic chemicals in them.
Where does the Toxic Stuff Come From?
These toxins come mainly from the pesticides used to grow the cotton. They also come from the manufacturing process. Bleaching in particular is bad. Although there are only small amounts, exposure to this stuff can add up over time and it makes sense to make the switch to organics.
Why Don’t I Know about This?
Part of the problem is that companies in the USA aren’t required to disclose what’s in their feminine hygiene product. This is because the FDA classifies them as “medical devices.” And of course, companies that sell products with toxic chemicals in them aren’t exactly going to willingly disclose this.
Hopefully legislation will change, but in the meantime, consider switching to organic pantyliners.
Sensitive Skin or Allergies?
The other reason that you might consider using organic, natural pantyliners is if you have sensitive skin or allergies. Try using organics for a couple of months and our guess is that you’ll notice a big difference.
The chemicals in regular pantyliners really do irritate the skin of some people. This is particularly true if you wear pantyliners every day for discharge, or light incontinence.
Great for the Environment
The final reason that you’ll want to consider making the switch to organic pantyliners is that they’re better for the environment. Almost all non-toxic pantyliners are 100% biodegradable, including the packaging and wrapper that the pad comes in.
Works well for Light Incontinence
If you experience light incontinence issues, then you’ll want to consider using organic pantyliners. Unlike regular ones, they’re eco-friendly and biodegradable. They’re also less irritating to the skin.
For more details, check out: Top 5 Eco-Friendly Incontinence Products.
Why make the Switch to Organic Pantyliners?
#1 Best Organic Pantyliners: Oi Organic Cotton Panty Liners
- ULTRA THIN UNSCENTED PANTY LINERS: Feel fresh naturally with Oi unscented ultra thin panty liners....
- 100% PURE ORGANIC COTTON: Oi panty liners are made with synthetic-free 100% organic pure cotton to...
- FOR YOUR LIGHT DAYS OR NIGHTS: Ultra thin Oi organic cotton panty liners are perfect for light flow...
- SAY NO TO POLLUTION: Say "No" to chemicals, crude oil plastics, perfumes, synthetics in and next to...
- Oi HAS A VISION: We are led by passionate, holistic women empowering people everywhere to make great...
Taking top spot on our list of the best pantyliners are these ones from Oi Organic. The reason they take top spot is because they work! They have some of the best customer reviews and ratings over on Amazon.
Oi Organic also lack the common complaint of many other organic pantyliners—that the backing doesn’t really stick that well. Some of the only negatives we could find are that the wrapper is a bit hard to open, and that some people wished they were a bit longer. We’ll take that any day!
Some other reasons to consider Oi Organic Cotton Pantyliners include:
- 100% certified organic cotton
- New Zealand based company
- Unscented natural pantyliners
- Completely biodegradable, including the box and wrapper
- Reasonably priced for an organic feminine hygiene product
- Easily available on Amazon in most countries
For more details about this product, you’ll want to check out our full review here: Oi Organic Cotton Pantyliners.
For a safer, healthier period experience, you’ll want to consider Oi Organic. You can check them out on Amazon here:
#2 Best Organic Pantyliners: Cora Organic Pantyliners
- PURE & POWERFUL: 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC COTTON. Our cashmere-soft, organic cotton topsheet naturally...
- NO STRESS LEAK PROTECTION: POWERFULLY ABSORBENT, YET RADICALLY THIN. Engineered with Cora's patent...
- EVERY PURCHASE HELPS GIRLS IN NEED. Millions of girls lack access to safe and healthy period care....
- TOTAL COMFORT--DESIGNED TO MOVE WITH YOU. Finally, a modern liner for modern women. Designed to...
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED FOR YOU AND FOR THE PLANET. Using a supply chain that rigorously upholds organic...
Next up on our list are these organic pantyliners from Cora Organic. We LOVE that every purchase of one of their products helps a girl stay in school in the developing world. We wish that more feminine hygiene companies would adopt similar programs.
Apart from their charitable work, Cora Organic makes a nice panytliner! They have some excellent reviews and ratings on Amazon. Most people find that this products works well.
Here are a few of the reasons why we recommend Cora Organic Pantyliners so highly:
- We love the design that allows them to work well with almost any type of underwear, including thongs
- 100% certified organic cotton that is non-toxic
- Fully biodegradable panty liners, box and wrappers
- Very absorbent
- Materials are sustainably sourced
For more details, be sure to check out our full review: Cora Organic Pantyliners.
If you want to have a toxic chemical free period experience, then you’ll need to check out Cora Organic. You can find them on Amazon here:
Cora Organic Pads Review
#3 Best Organic Pantyliners: Rael Organic Panty Liners
- ORGANIC, NATURAL, HEALTHY - Made with 100% organic, OCS and USDA certified, non-GMO Texas cotton...
- SUPER ABSORBENT - Thoughtfully-designed Leak Locker top core and Leak Blocker side panels prevent...
- MAXIMUM AIRFLOW - Made with hypoallergenic breathable sheets that alleviate unpleasant odors and...
- MADE FOR ALL WOMEN: Dermatologist-tested and human-approved to ensure our products are safe and...
- SIZES - Regular Pads for light to normal flow; Overnight Pads for heavy to very heavy flow.
Taking third spot on our list of the best organic pantyliners are these ones from Rael. They are a very new company that just began in 2017. However, they’re quickly becoming a very popular organic pad option.
We LOVE how reasonably priced these natural pantyliners are for an organic product. Take a look and see for yourself:
Just about the only complaint for Rael Organic Cotton Panty Liners is that the adhesive on the back doesn’t stick that well. However, this is a very complaint amongst organic pads, and not really something specific to Rael.
Beyond the price, here are a few of the reasons why you might consider Rael Organic Pantyliner:
- 100% organically grown cotton in Texas
- Free from allergens, making them a great choice for people with sensitive skin
- Super absorbent leak blocker core and sides
- These non-toxic panty liners are easily found on Amazon in most countries
- Can offer a safer, healthier period experience.
For more details, check out our full review: Rael Organic Pantyliners.
You can easily get Rael Organic Pads on Amazon. For a period free from toxic chemicals, be sure to check them out here:
Compare Organic Panty Liners
#4 Best Organic Panty Liners: Organyc Organic Pantyliners
Next up on our list of the best organic pantyliners are these ones from Organyc. They are very affordably priced, considering that they’re made from 100% organic cotton. Organyc has been around for years, and has a full range of feminine hygiene options.
There is a small complaint about them, however. Like many other organic pantyliners, these ones don’t stick that well to your underwear. However, they did work well for most people.
Here are a few reasons why you might consider Organyc Pantyliners:
- Reasonably priced for an organic product
- Fully biodegradable, non-toxic pantyliners
- Made from 100% organic cotton
- Easily available on Amazon
- Perfect for people with allergies or sensitive skin
For more details, you can check out our review: Organyc Organic Cotton Pads. You can also check our reviews, ratings and prices over on Amazon:
Organyc Pantyliners Review
#5 Best Organic Pantyliners: Natratouch Organics
Rounding out our list of the best organic pantyliners are these ones from Natratouch. The thing we love most about these ones are the various length options. This is quite unusual in the organic pantyliner world. However, it’s something that many people appreciate. Not every body is made the same!
These natural pantyliners are a little bit cheaper than some of the other organic pantyliner options out there. This is one of the reasons why you might consider them over the competition.
Like many other organic pantyliners, reviewers mention that they don’t stick in place that well. However, this is a common complaint among pantyliners. The complaint is not really specific to this brand. And some people mention that these ones actually stick better than many other brands.
Apart from that, here are a few of the reasons why you might consider Natratouch organic pantyliners:
- Made from 100% organic cotton that’s grown in Texas (however, they are manufactured in China)
- Various length options
- Wider than many other brands
- Free from scents, making them a great choice for people with sensitive skin
- Not as easy to find as some of other organic pantyliners on this list.
For more details, you’ll want to check out our full review: Natratouch Organic Pads.
What about Organic Panty Liners for Vaginal Discharge?
If you experience vaginal discharge, you might be looking for the best way to deal with this. It’s an annoying problem that you probably want to deal with in the easiest way possible.
Since you’re probably using pantyliners every day for this, it makes sense to go organic. This will help to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals that are often found in non-organic panty liners.
For more details about vaginal discharge, including how to tell if it’s serious, or not, check out: Vaginal Discharge: What you Need to Know.
What about Reusable Cloth Panty Liners?
If you’re considering organic panty liners, then you may also want to know about reusable cloth pantyliners. How do they compare to organic disposables?
Let’s find out.
Reusable pantyliners are very similar in terms of design and function to disposables. The major difference is that they’re made of cloth, instead of cotton so they can be washed. Most people find that they last for 5-10 years.
Also, they stay in place on your underwear with snaps on the wings, instead of a sticky backing on them.
Because they’re reusable, cloth panty liners offer the following benefits:
- Better for the environment
- Money savings
They do cost a bit more money up-front, but you’ll save a ton of cash over the medium to long-term by making the switch to reusables.
Any negatives? Of course, you have to wash them, but you can just throw them in with your regular washing. Most people find that it’s not such a big deal.
For our top picks, be sure to check out: Best Cloth Panty Liners.
Need more information about this? Check out: Reusable Cloth Panty Liners vs. Disposable Panty Liners.
Organic Pantyliners: Have your Say!
What’s your top pick for organic pantyliners? Leave a comment below and tell us your favourite brand.
Last update on 2019-08-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API