- PROMOTE YOUR HEALTH WITH ULTRA SOFT CALICUP: EFFECTIVE, AFFORDABLE, NON-TOXIC. CARRYING BAG for...
- EASY TO USE AND SAFE: CALICUP has worked hard to produce a soft cup available through innovative use...
- SAVE YOUR MONEY AND THE ENVIRONMENT WITH CALICUP: Save money spent on traditional pads and tampons...
- NO MORE EMBARRASSMENT: CaliCup can be worn for up to 12 hours! Be FREE of carrying tampons or pads...
- READ WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING: “CaliCup is life-changing! No more tampons and pads. So much...
An Introduction to the CaliCup
The Calicup is a newcomer to the menstrual cup scene, and there isn’t a lot of information about it. There are some initial reviews on Amazon, and the company does have a website, but the information on it is very limited.
Here are some details about this new menstrual cup brand:
- Priced around half of the more expensive cups
- Some good initial reviews on Amazon
- Money back guarantee
- 2 sizes of Calicup, but uncertainty about exact dimensions, or which size people should order
- Extremely soft, bordering on flimsy
We certainly wish the company would let us know the exact dimensions, and where the cup is made. This is a serious oversight.
You can check it out for yourself over on Amazon:
Two Kinds of Menstrual Cups
In the world of menstrual cups, there are two kinds: the ones from reputable companies, and the very cheap ones that are usually made in China.
Menstrual Cups from Reputable Companies
Some of the best menstrual cup brands include the Diva Cup, Lunette Cup, Mooncup, Lena Cup, Saalt Cup, and Anigan Eva Cup.
These companies have been around for a while, and sell a top-quality product that works well. Customer service is excellent, and there is lots of information about their period cup, as well as the manufacturing process and where the materials come from.
Overall, they’re products that you can feel good about using!
Very Cheap Menstrual Cups
There are also a large number of very cheap menstrual cups that are usually made in China. There are a number of reasons why you shouldn’t consider using these products, but the main ones are:
- Lack of medical grade materials
- Little information about the product
- Fake reviews
- They’re often so flimsy that they don’t work that well
- You’ll usually end up buying another cup later
What about the CaliCup: Reputable, or Cheap?
Where does this menstrual cup fit? It appears to be a very cheap menstrual cup. It’s actually almost identical to some of the other products we’ve reviewed, including the Athena Cup, Blossom Cup, and Vida Cup.
CaliCup Menstrual Cup Pros
- Cheaper than some of the more popular menstrual cups
- Some good customer reviews, but some of the are a bit over the top (fake?)
What People are Saying about the Cali Cup
“I wanted to like this, but I found the Cali Cup just way too short for me. It was hard to get it inserted correctly, and removing it was almost impossible.”
“This is my second menstrual cup, and it’s just a little bit too soft. It never really opens completely, which means that it leaks like crazy.”
“It’s very flimsy and it’s the only cup I’ve tried that leaks all the time, no matter what I do.”
CaliCup Menstrual Cup Cons
- Almost no information about the Calicup, including sizing
- No details about whether the cup is made, and what from
- Identical to some other very cheap menstrual cups
- Very flimsy and is difficult to get to open
- Seems to be shorter than other menstrual cups so can be difficult to remove it
The Takeaway on the Cali Cup Menstrual Cup
If you’re looking for your first, or next menstrual cup, then you should probably give the Calicup a solid pass. It’s a cheap knock-off cup that’s likely made in China from sub-par materials.
There is a Website..But…
Although the company does have a website, there is precisely “0” information of substance on it! For example, contact details, size information, how to use to Calicup, or where it’s made. You know, just all the important things that people want to know!
Spend a Bit More Money on a Decent Cup
Seriously, please just spend a bit more money and get yourself a cup that’s higher in quality. You’ll have an easier, safer experience and probably love using menstrual cup. A cheap cup is an exercise in patience, and many people never really figure it out because they’re usually way too soft.
Consider the Lena Cup Instead
One of our best-selling menstrual cups is the Lena Cup. It’s made in the USA from medical grade silicone and most people who use it, love it.
Check out the Lena Menstrual Cup for yourself over on Amazon:
Consider a Top-Quality Menstrual Cup Instead
If you’re looking to buy a new menstrual cup, then give the CaliCup a miss. It doesn’t work that well, and there is just no information about it from the company.
Instead, consider one of more reputable menstrual cups. Check out this chart below for some of our favourites.
Compare the Best Menstrual Cup Brands
CaliCup: Have your Say!
What do you think about this cheap menstrual cup? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Last update on 2021-01-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API