- MAKE YOUR MENSTRUATION CYCLE BETTER Remove your stress and restrictions by using the Vida Period...
- YOU WILL HAVE LESS DAILY CHANGES When using your Vida, because on average, you can wear your cup...
- WHAT ABOUT THE COST SAVINGS Because for a small investment, the Vida will last you up to 15 years...
- YOU WILL HAVE LESS CRAMPING AND SHORTER PERIODS Making your menstrual cycle much more bearable....
- LOSE THE EMBARRASSING ODOURS That filter through during these moments. No more anxious times, relax...
Vida Cup Pros and Cons
The Vida Cup is another one of those menstrual cups that makes a claim that it is “FDA approved.” While the silicone they use may be, this cup is not (as far as I know) on the list of FDA approved menstrual cups.
My guess is that company hopes people will be confused when searching for the very popular, “Diva Cup,” and buy this one as a mistake! On the upside, it is a very cheap menstrual cup.
Very Little Information about the Vida Cup
This company does not have a website and so there is very little real information about the Vida Cup with regards to manufacturing process or dimensions/capacity apart from the product description on Amazon.
Speaking of the product description-it’s written in very awkward, grammatically incorrect English. It seems like much of the text was “written” by Google Translate. They also make claims that are not true.
Here are a couple of examples:
“You will have less cramping and shorter periods.” (No menstrual cup is able to reduce the length of your period!)
“Lose the embarrassing odours that filter through during these moments. No more anxious times, relax with the knowledge that your periods kit will eliminate this.”
Is the Vida Menstrual Cup a Buy?
This is clearly not a company that cares about the product they’re offering, and certainly not women’s health.
Let’s explore the Vida Cup in more detail to find out whether or not it’s a period cup that you should consider putting inside your body for up to a week each month.
All about Cheap Menstrual Cups
Vida Cup: Similar to other Cheap Menstrual Cups
The Vida Menstrual Cup is very similar in price, and design to products like the Hengsong Cup. It’s not such a stretch to imagine that they were outsourced and produce through similar channels. All three of these menstrual cups have a lot of mystery surrounding them!
Vida Cup: Fake Reviews Online?
Although the Vida Cup does have a decent rating online, this perhaps should not entirely be trusted. It is easy enough to pay for reviews and it appears that many companies in the period cup world are indeed doing this.
Many of the reviews of the Vida period cup are over the top and appear to be paid for. Check out the 1-star reviews before purchasing this cup. They are the ones from people who actually bought the product for themselves. Here are a couple of examples:
“Buyer beware. Terrible customer service, and a terrible product.”
“It leaks every single time. Spend a bit more money for a better one.”
“I wish I could give 0 stars. This is a company that doesn’t stand behind their product.”
Two Sizes of Vida Cups:
Diameter: 42 mm. Length: 62 mm. Capacity 20 ml.
Diameter: 45 mm. Length 65 mm. Capacity 25 ml.
One odd thing we found is that the Vida Cup lists their dimensions in cm. This is unlike every other menstrual cup on the market that lists them in mm. They didn’t even care enough about their product to get this right! We’ve translated them for you!
If you must, you can buy the Vida Cup on Amazon:
Vida Cup Pros:
- The price, if you want to go frugal to the max. It’s cheaper than many of the other period cups on the market today.
- It’s manufactured in Germany. It is unclear however whether it’s the entire cup that’s manufactured in Germany, or just the silicone itself. However, it looks exactly like the cheap menstrual cups you can see on Alibaba made in China.
- The customer rating is very good, but it perhaps shouldn’t be entirely trusted. Many reviews seem fake.
Vida Cup Cons:
- There is a lack of real information. The company appears to not have an official website.
- Some of the reviews online appear to be fake.
- There is a money-back guarantee, but I’m not sure how you’d claim this if there isn’t a real company behind this product. It’s not explained clearly on Amazon.
- Soft and bendy so it doesn’t snap into place easily. Can make it really difficult to get it to not leak.
- It’s clearly a rip-off of the Diva Cup. Get your own name!
- The product description on Amazon is riddled with basic grammatical errors. A company that doesn’t care enough to proofread their product description likely doesn’t care about the product they’re selling either.
The Takeaway on the Vida Menstrual Cup: A Miss
If you’re going to spend around $20 on a menstrual cup, you’d be far, far better off just spending a few more dollars and getting a period cup from a far more reputable company.
Some of the most trusted names in this world are: Diva Cup, Moon Cup, Lunette Cup, and Keeper Cup. These companies have all been around for years and their cups are manufactured in North America or Europe according to the highest quality standards from medical grade silicone (or latex for the Keeper).
All of these companies have websites with real information about manufacturing standards and location as well as about the material that goes into the product. These menstrual cups are clearly a cut above the cheap ones that are mostly manufactured in China.
Think about it. You’ll be wearing a menstrual cup in your body for up to one week out of every month. Do you want a cheap product from a company that clearly doesn’t care about you, or your health? Or, do you to spend a few more dollars to get a top-quality product from a reputable company? I would certainly choose the latter and we hope you will too.
Or, Consider the Diva Cup Instead
Our top-rated menstrual cup is the Diva Cup. The Diva Cup is made from top-quality medical grade silicone in Canada. It is the most popular menstrual cup in the world and the one to which all others are compared. People love this thing and for good reason-it’s an excellent product at a very fair price.
Don’t be confused! The VIDA Cup and the DIVA Cup are two completely different products. The VIDA is a rip-off of the popular, and reputable DIVA Cup. Don’t make the same mistake and get the inferior one.
People that try the Diva Cup love it, as demonstrated by the many excellent user reviews online.
Most people find that the Diva Cup is easy to insert and remove, after a bit of a learning curve (same with any menstrual cup). The average person will find that it doesn’t leak, once inserted correctly. It’s also got a nice cloth bag for storage between cycles.
Customer service is excellent and they offer some great support if you have any problems with your period cup. They really do care about satisfied customers.
Check out the Diva Cup for yourself on Amazon:
Vida Cup: Have your Say!
What do you think about the Vida Cup? Clearly a rip-off of the Diva Cup, or just a coincidence?
Is it a buy, or are you looking to buy a higher-quality menstrual cup?
Leave a comment below and let us know what you think.
Last update on 2019-11-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API