Hengsong Menstrual Cup Review
In the world of menstrual cups, there are two basic kinds. We’ll outline a few of the basic characteristics of each kind.
Cheap Cups Manufactured in China
- $5-10 on Amazon USA.
- So flimsy, it’s difficult to insert them and get them to not leak.
- Poor quality of English on the product description on Amazon.
- No official company website.
- Uncertainty about the manufacturing process,
- Uncertainty about the quality of materials in the product.
- Reviews on Amazon that are over the top and appear to have been paid for by the company.
More details about this kind of cups here: Cheap Menstrual Cups—Are they a Good Buy?
Cups from Reputable Companies
- Have been around for years, or decades.
- Great reviews on Amazon, often hundreds or thousands of them.
- A top-quality company website.
- Certainty about the how and where the cup is made, along with what’s in it.
Let’s now talk more specifically about the Hengsong Cup, but we’ll start by telling you that it most firmly falls into the “Cheap cup category.”
Hengsong Menstrual Cup: A Review
This menstrual cup is astoundingly cheap on Amazon USA. In some cases, it’s ten times cheaper than some of the other period cups on the market today. Although it’s certainly cheaper than other period cups, it’s not a product I would recommend. There is very little information about the Hengsong, including no official company website.
Made from “Silicone”
In their description on Amazon, it says that the Hengsong cup is made from “silicone.” But it’s not “medical grade silicone” like every single reputable menstrual cup on the market today. It certainly isn’t FDA approved (See: FDA Approved Menstrual Cups for more details).
Consider a Top-Quality Cup Instead
You’d be much better off spending a bit more money and getting yourself a menstrual cup made by a reputable company from the highest quality medical-grade silicone. It’s your health, after all!
Think about it. A menstrual cup is a product that you’re putting inside your body for up to a week each month. Don’t you want something reputable and of the highest quality? We sure do!
A good place to start figuring out which high-quality menstrual cup is for you is: Top 10 Menstrual Cup Brands. Have a look around and you’ll find something that will work for you.
Hengsong Menstrual Cup: Pros
- The price
- There’s nothing else good we can say about this one!
Hengsong Menstrual Cup: Cons
- No information about this product is available online.
- It’s uncertain whether or not this cup is made from medical grade silicone.
- It’s extremely stiff and many people on Amazon mentioned that it feels very uncomfortable once inside of them. Also, cups that are very stiff can be quite difficult to insert because they’re don’t fold easily.
The Takeaway on the Hengsong Menstrual Cup:
This menstrual cup makes a very poor choice because there is a lot of uncertainty about the manufacturing process as well as material that it is made from. At such a cheap price, I truly can’t imagine that a ton of shortcuts weren’t taken at every single corner. There is also a lack of reviews on Amazon at this point.
If you’re looking for an economical menstrual cup, here are some made from medical grade silicone by reputable companies:
Buy the Hengsong Menstrual Cup
If you truly must buy this menstrual cup instead of a much higher-quality one, you can get it on Amazon USA (Hengsong Cup). But remember that you get what you pay for! In this case, it’s cheap and you’re getting an extremely low-quality menstrual cup.