- DISCREET BATHROOM SOLUTION: The ONLY discreet, reusable, funnel-shaped urination device that...
- PORTABLE: Fits in your purse, backpack, or glove compartment (and is TSA Approved) with included zip...
- HYGIENIC + PLANET-FRIENDLY: Designed with durable, non-toxic plastic and water-repellant materials,...
- REUSABLE + EASY TO USE: Simply move undergarments to the side, insert Pibella tongue slightly and...
- AWARD WINNING: Pibella is the only one of its kind - Swiss developed patented design and hospital...
Pibella Female Urination Device Introduction
If you’ve ever wanted to pee while standing up, then you’ll need to consider using something like the Pibella. It’s a small tube that fits right under your urethra and you can use it to direct your pee.
Here are a few quick facts about this popular female pee device:
- Unlike other FUD’s, the Pibella doesn’t have a funnel
- You can use the Pibella by simply pulling your underwear aside, instead of having to pull them down
- Made in Switzerland and is FDA approved
- Easy to direct the urine in whatever direction you want
- Works well for post-surgery, outdoor activities, trans people, festivals, road trips, etc.
- Some excellent customer reviews and ratings for the Pibella
- Made from top-quality polypropylene that is non irritating
- It’s one of the smallest, lightest, most discrete female urinal devices
Or, keep on reading for the full Pibella review.
Pibella Pee Funnel Review
Have you ever wanted to pee while standing up? If yes, then you’ve come to the right place! The Pibella Pee Funnel (or female urination device) allows you to pee like a guy.
Some situations where this could be awesome include hiking, camping, biking, boating, road trips, or any situation where public bathrooms are disgusting. Imagine the possibilities.
Because you can use the Pibella with your underwear just pushed to the side, it can make an excellent choice for things like Arctic expeditions where you may not want to pull down your pants for obvious reasons!
Unlike Other Female Urination Devices
Keep on reading for our full review of the Pibella Female Urination Device. Unlike other similar devices, it’s a very narrow tube, instead of a “trough.”
This means that there’s quite a steep learning curve with the PiBella because you have to place it very carefully, but once you get it, you get it. It’s easy to direct the pee in any direction, unlike most other female urination devices.
Lots of Advantages over Pee Funnels
Overall, there are a lot of advantages for the Pibella over the standard pee funnels, and it’s definitely worth a try. It’s been used in hospitals for years, and we love that there is now a travel version of it.
Where to Buy the Pibella Female Urinal
It can be very difficult to find the Pibella, or other pee funnels in stores. If you were going to look somewhere, your best bet would be the big outdoor stores. For example, MEC in Canada, or REI in the USA.
Other than that, we recommend buying female urination devices online. Prices are competitive and shipping is often free with Amazon Prime. Do you want to pee while standing up? Then check out the Pibella.
Keep on reading for the rest of our review, of check it out on Amazon today:
More Information about this Female Urination Aid
Pibella: Why Buy it over Other FUD’s?
You may be wondering why you should buy the Pibella instead of other female urination devices? Of all of them, this one perhaps takes the most practice to get it right. The other FUDS’s are more a funnel shape, so you just put them under your urethra, and pee into them.
However, the Pibella is a thin tube that you have to place under your urethra. This takes some practice.
But, the major advantage to this over a funnel type FUD is that you can pee while standing up, without taking your pants off. You can just unzip your zipper, pull your underwear to the side, and then pee while standing up.
The Pibella Female Urination Device in Action!
Pibella Female Urination Device Pros:
- Made in Switzerland
- FDA approved
- Made from non-irritating polypropylene
- Can be cleaned with water, or also can be boiled to sterilize it
- Water repellant, so should dry quite well with just a shake
- Some excellent user reviews (close to perfect on Amazon)
- Been used in hospitals for many years (works for sitting or standing)
- Easy to angle it to whatever trajectory is needed (unlike many of the other FUD’s)
- One of the best designs to be used while wearing clothing (unlike many other devices that are very difficult to do this with)
- Very detailed instructions included in the package
- No need for toilet paper
- Can be used without removing any clothing
- Very light in weight (only 12 grams)
Buy the Pibella FUD on Amazon
The Pibella is quite difficult to find in stores. In our experience, the best place it buy it is on Amazon. Prices are competitive, shipping is discrete and often free. Check it out today:
What People are Saying about the Pibella
“The Pibella is so simple it’s brilliant. I’ve had 100% success with it (no leaking, spraying, etc.). It works sitting, standing, or squatting—trust me, I’ve tried all three. You can adjust it mid-stream without it leaking all over the place, unlike the pee funnels which require a good seal to not get them to leak.”
“I love that it’s smaller than most other pee funnels, and also that it’s super simple to use. It can fit everyone, and there are no leaks or messes so far.
You can even boil it if you want to sterilize it (I just rinse mine with water once in a while). There’s also a plastic pouch that it comes with so it’s easy to just throw into your backpack or whatever.”
“It does take a bit of getting used to this thing, especially peeing while standing up. But, after a few rounds of practice in the shower, I was ready to take it on the road. It worked with no mess or hassle!”
Pibella Female Urination Device Cons:
- Almost double the price of some of the competitors
- Very small “funnel area” so will take some practice to get the hang of it, unlike the other FUD’s which are more user friendly right out of the box
Who Should Use the Pibella?
There are plenty of reason why you might want to consider a female urination device. We’ll talk about a few of them here.
Anywhere there are Dirty Toilets
There are plenty of situation where you may not want to get your backside anywhere near a toilet. For example, at music festivals, using gas station bathrooms on road trips, or when traveling to underdeveloped countries.
Take the Pibella with you on the go so you can pee while standing up and avoid this whole situation. Trust us, you’ll be thankful you did.
The best thing about the Pibella is that it’s very small so you can take it with you just about anywhere.
If you have knee, ankle or hip surgery, you may have a difficult time sitting on the toilet to pee. It might hurt to bend those knees! That’s where a female urination device comes in. You can pee in the toilet without having to stand up.
“I’m so thankful that the nurse at the hospital suggested getting a female urination device after my knee surgery. I had no idea these products even existed, but it was a real life-saver for the first few weeks.”
Some female urination devices work better than other for people who are bed bound. In this case, you’ll have to pee while laying down, or when sitting on the edge of the bed.
From our experience, the Pibella works better than some of the other options if you want to pee while laying down, or sitting. You just have to get a jar, or other container from which to direct the pee into.
It’s ideal if you can practice with the Pibella a few times while standing in the shower, or sitting on the edge of the bathtub to get the hang of it. If not, put down a towel or waterproof mat of some kind the first times to avoid soiling the bed.
Because the Pibella can be used while sitting down, it makes an ideal choice for people who are going on long car, bus or train trips. Basically, anytime you may not be able to easily get off to go to the bathroom. Bring a wide mouthed water bottle or jar and it’s easy to pee into it with the Pibella from a sitting position.
If you do any sort of outdoor activities, you may want to consider a female urination device. This is especially true for rock climbing, or scuba diving with a front-zip dry suit, where you may want to pee without having to remove ALL your gear.
The Pibella actually gets our designation as the best female urinal for outdoor adventures because it’s so small, light and durable.
Camping in the Cold or Rain
When you’re camping in the cold, or it’s raining, you may wish that you could pee in the tent into a waterbottle instead of going outside. Now you can!
Using something like the Pibella means that you can pee easily into a water bottle.
A trans person may feel more comfortable peeing while standing up. The Pibella, or other kind of female urination device makes this possible.
Work in Remote Places
If you work in a very remote place, there may not be toilet facilities. If there are trees, it’s no problem. But, no trees? It can be difficult to find a private place.
If you use a pee funnel, people might not even notice what you’re doing!
If you’re in the later stages of pregnancy, you may have kind of a double-whammy. You have to pee more, and may also find that it’s not that easy to sit down on the toilet, and get back up again. Try out the Pibella, or another kind of pee funnel to see if it makes this easier for you.
Where to Buy the Pibella Female Urinal
Sounds like exactly what you need? It probably is! The Pibella Female Urination Aid is a lifesaver if you find yourself in these situations. You can check it out for yourself over on Amazon:
Tips for using the Pibella Female Urination Device
- Be sure to practice in the shower a few times first before taking on the road. There is a serious learning curve to this urination aid.
- Experiment with directing your pee. Of all the female urination devices, this one allows you to do that the best
- You can leave your underwear in place, or just push them to one side
- Be sure to NOT pee into the wind. Trust us on this one.
- Gravity is a real thing. Be sure to point the end of the pee funnel downwards to prevent backflow.
- The Pibella works best if you pee steadily, instead of in one big gush. Although this pee funnel can work with a surprisingly big volume, accidents can happen.
- It is possible to use the Pibella while laying down or sitting. Just be sure to practice with it first, in the shower, or sitting on the edge of the bathtub. It’s not easy to use your first time while laying down.
How to Clean the Pibella
Due to the hydrophobic material that it’s made from (Polypropylene), the Pibella stays clean and not stinky without much work at all. Most people just shake it off and then put in the storage bag.
If you do want to clean your Pibella, you could consider doing one of the following things:
- Use a mild soap and water (or menstrual cup wash).
- Carry some wet wipes or baby wipes with you for this purpose.
- Run it under some water after using it to pee into.
Want to hear what the company officially recommends for how to clean the Pibella? They say to just rinse it in either hot or cold water. Shake it out and put it in the reusable bag.
If you want to sterilize the Pibella, you can put it into the dishwasher, boil it in a pot of water on the stove for a few minutes, or even put it into the washing machine. It really is an extremely durable device that will last for you years!
The Takeaway on the Pibella Pee Funnel
Check out our summary of the Pibella review.
Overall, the Pibella is an excellent choice for someone looking for a female urination device. It’s unlike any of the other ones on the market in that it’s a narrow funnel that you place around your urethra. The other pee funnels are more like troughs that cover the whole area.
Due to the unique design, the Pibella can be used by only pushing your underwear to the side. It also allows less mess and dripping.
Although there is a bit of a learning curve to using it, most people find it easy enough after a few trial runs in the shower. Overall user ratings on Amazon are excellent, and hospitals have been using this things for years.
Check it out for yourself today—it’s a all-in-one solution for a woman who wants to pee while standing up!
You can easily get the Pibella, a unique kind of female urination device on Amazon:
Compare all the Female Urination Devices
Pibella vs SheWee
The Pibella vs Shewee: which one wins this head to head battle of female urination devices? They are among the most popular options in the world, and are actually quite similar to each other.
There are lots of FUDs that are more like pee funnels. They have a large base that collects the urine, and then it gets directed via a tube away from the body.
However, the Pibella and the She Wee are more like tubes that fit right around your urethra. They are smaller, lighter and allow you to pee without having to pull down your underwear.
The main difference between the two products is that the Pibella is only a tube, whereas the SheWee has a little bit more of a base to it.
Which one is right for you? Both of them have some excellent user ratings and reviews on Amazon.
They’re made from the same material and act in much the same way They’re also priced very similarly!
Clearly, it’s a toss-up and you couldn’t really go wrong with either of these female urinals!
Does it sound like the Shewee might be right for you? Check it out over on Amazon:
Best Pee Funnels
|Best Overall||Easiest to Use||Smallest and Lightest||Best Disposable|
|pStyle Female Urination Device||Outdoor Life Pee Funnel||Pibella FUD||Travel Jane disposable|
|Light, compact and just works well overall.||Large funnel for ease of use.||Fits right under your urethra.||Funnel, with self-contained bag.|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check price|
Have your Say about the Pibella Female Urination Device
What do you think about the Pibella? Is it the female urination device for you? Or, are you considering another one?
Last update on 2020-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API