- Stand up and pee without removing clothing.
- Easy to use, reusable, and simple to clean. Eliminates the need for toilet paper.
- The pStyle is a women owned and operated business.
pStyle Female Urination Device Review
If you’ve always wanted to be able to pee while standing up, then you’ll need a pee funnel like this one we’re going to review. Why would you want to do this?
Consider when you’re outside doing any sort of outdoor activity. How amazing would it be to be able to pee like a guy? Now you can! Or, when you’re at a festival, or other place with disgusting bathrooms. Amazing. The company also markets their product to trans people who would like to pee while standing up.
The pStyle is one of the most popular female urination devices on the market today.
Keep on reading for the full review of this popular brand of pee funnel for women, or check out the pStyle for yourself on Amazon:
pStyle Pee Funnel Pros:
- Cheaper than some of the other pee funnels on the market today (the Freshette).
- It’s possible to use the P Style without having to pull your pants or underwear completely down
- Made from rigid BPA (phthalate-free)
- A variety of colours
- No need for toilet paper, if you use the pStyle at directed
- Only have to rinse with water, or soap and water if you wish
- Dishwasher safe
- The product has stood the test of time—it’s been around for 10+ years (founded in 2006)
- Suitable for trans people, as well as women
- Lightweight and small, making it a nice option for hikers or backpackers
- Easy to use right out of the box
Buy the pStyle on Amazon:
The best place to get the pStyle is on Amazon. There is the full range of styles, colours and prices are very affordable. Check it out for yourself on Amazon:
pStyle Pee Funnel Cons:
- Comes without a carrying case (although you can buy one from Amazon as well)
- The top of the pStyle is more like a trough than a funnel. This can allow for some overflow if not used correctly.
Why use an FUD?
There are a number of reasons why you might consider using a female urination device. We’ll outline just a few of them here:
Camping in the Rain
When you’re camping in the rain, it can be pretty terrible, especially if you have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. This is where something like the pStyle can come in handy.
Pair it up with a wide-mouth water bottle (Nalgene for example) and use it pee inside your tent, staying nice and dry.
When you’re at a music, or other kind of big festival, there can be massive line-ups for the porta-potties. And, when do you get there, they’re pretty disgusting.
You can use a female funnel to avoid them altogether and pee discreetly while standing up, just like a guy.
Or, when you do get through the line-up, you can pee without having to touch anything in the bathroom. Yes!
If you love the outdoors, don’t forget your pee funnel at home. It can be especially useful when wearing lots of gear that you don’t want to take completely off just to pee.
Traveling or Road Trips
If you’re traveling to underdeveloped countries, you may be horrified by some of the bathroom situations you find. Gas station bathrooms on road trips may have the same effect.
Don’t get anywhere near the toilet seat when you use a female pee funnel like this one from p Style.
If you have foot, ankle, knee or hip surgery, you may find it very difficult to sit down on the toilet seat. Something like the P-Style can save you a ton of hassle and stress and make peeing so much easier.
For Trans People
If you’re a trans person, you may not feel comfortable peeing while sitting down, even if that’s what your anatomy makes it easier for you to do. A pee funnel can allow you to pee while standing up, so you can do what feels right.
If you’re working in a remote location without toilet facilities, it may not be easy to pee discreetly. The pStyle will allow you to cozy up next to a tree or bush and pee without having to pull your pants completely down.
Where to Buy the pStyle?
It can be quite difficult to find female urination devices in local stores, but you may have some luck at an outdoor shop.
However, for the best range of styles and brands, as well as great prices, you’ll want to check them out on Amazon. You can find the pStyle here:
What People are Saying about the pStyle
“It worked really well right out of the package. It’s a nice length, and the colour makes it discrete as well. It’s semi-flexible, smooth plastic that feels comfortable enough to use it to “wipe” and not use TP.”
“Don’t waste your money on any of the other ones. You can pee full force into this thing and it doesn’t overflow or spill onto your clothes. I love it!”
“Practice in the shower for a bit before taking it out into the field. I’m sure happy to have this thing for really sketchy bathrooms on road trips.”
How to Use the pStyle
It’s not that difficult to use this female urinal, although it does take a little bit of practice to feel 100% confident with it. Here’s how to do it:
- Unzip your zipper, and push your underwear to the side
- Put the widest part of the p Style between your legs and under your urethra
- Tilt the open end slightly downward (remember, gravity is a thing!)
- Relax and pee
- When done, pull it forward with a firm motion to remove any remaining urine
- Rinse your pStyle with water
How to Clean the P-Style?
If you’re on the go, just rinse it off with water. The pStyle is great at repelling liquids, so you won’t notice a bad odour or anything like that.
When you get a chance, you can wash it well with regular soap and water. Sanitary wipes also work well for this.
You can deep clean this pee funnel every few months by putting it in the dishwasher.
Tips for Using Female Urination Devices (FUD’s)
- Practice in the shower until you feel comfortable with it
- Commit to using it. If you try to use in tentatively, it’s not going to work that well.
- Peeing into the wind is a really bad idea!
- Use a wide stance so that you don’t accidentally pee on your clothes or shoes
- A bottle and pStyle are the ultimate road-trip combo for someone with the tiniest bladder!
The Takeaway on the pStyle FUD
We LOVE the pStyle, and found that this is one of the best pee funnels you can buy. It works for most people, right out of the box with only a couple test runs in the shower. You can use it for a wide range of situations, from hiking and camping to military situations, to trans people who wish to pee while standing up.
Soft and Comfortable Against your Skin
It’s soft, comfortable and feels nice next to the skin. You can even use it to “wipe” with instead of using toilet paper. It’s super easy to clean by shaking it out, and then rinsing it with soap and water whenever you get the chance.
It’s also very reasonably priced. Although it does’t include a carrying case (sold separately), we don’t find this a big deal and you probably already have something suitable.
In short, it’s an excellent product if you want to pee while standing up. The price is also right—about half of some of the more expensive brands, but this one has some of the highest user ratings on Amazon in the category.
It’s certainly a solid buy in our books!
Where Can I Buy It?
You can get the pStyle FUD on Amazon:
Compare Female Urination Devices (FUD’s)
If you’re looking for our top picks for pee funnels, both reusable and disposable, then you’ll want to check this out: Top 10 Female Urination Devices. Or, take a look at our handy comparison chart below:
Pstyle Female Urination Device: Have your Say!
What are your thoughts about this female funnel that allows you to pee while standing up? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Last update on 2021-04-10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API