SheWee Pee Funnel Extreme Review
If you do any sort of outdoor activity, then you really should consider getting a pee funnel/female urination device (FUD) like the She Wee. It’s often much better to pee standing up like a guy than it is to do what you have been doing. A pee funnel allows you to do just that.
I’m sure you can think of even more situations where this could be advantageous. Peeing inside the tent when camping? Long road trips if you have a tiny bladder? Gross bathrooms at festivals?
We’re going to get into our full review of the She-Wee female peeing device, which is one of the most popular FUD’s on the market today. We LOVE that it’s a few dollars cheaper than some of the more expensive female urination devices on the market today
This pee cup has been around since 2003, and it’s one of the first of these products to come onto the market. It’s one of the lightest ones at just 100g, so can make an excellent option for the hikers or backpackers among us.
Is this pee funnel for ladies a buy? Does it help you not get pee all over your shoes and pants? These are important questions which we’ll answer for you!
Keep on reading for our full review of the She Wee pee funnel for women, or check it out for yourself over on Amazon:
What about the Shepee ?
Did you find your way here looking for information about the Shepee? You’re in the right place! ShePee and SheWee are actually just different names for the same product.
Keep on reading of our full review of the She Pee device.
A Review of the SheWee Female Urination Device
SheWee Female Urination Device Pros:
- The She-wee is a bit cheaper than some of the other similar products (Freshette!)
- Made from polypropylene which is very durable (throw it into your backpack and don’t worry about breaking it!)
- Available in a nice variety of colours, unlike many of their competitors which only offer one choice
- Includes a discrete, hard carrying case
- Includes an extension tube which helps you pee while wearing bulky clothes
- The She Wee company is based in the UK
- One of the oldest FUD’s on the market—it has certainly stood the test of time
- Removable extension tube which helps funnel pee away from your shoes and clothes
- Shewee is ery lightweight, at just 100g (perfect for backpacking or hiking)
- The company also makes the “Peebol,” a disposable bag with crystals that turn liquid into gel. There are a number of uses for this. See the full Peebol Review.
Buy the SheWee FUD on Amazon:
The best place to get this popular brand of female urination device is over on Amazon. They have all the colour and style options available, prices are affordable and shipping is cheap (or free!). Check it out for yourself now:
She Wee Female Urination Device Cons:
- Very rigid, hard plastic which some people find uncomfortable to put next to their bodies
- Small funnel compared to some other products so you have to be very careful with placement
What People are Saying about the SheWee:
“I figured out how to use the SheWee pee funnel for ladies after some practice in the shower, but the place that you pee into is really small, so it’s not that easy to do.”
“My friends and I can’t say enough good things about this FUD! I use it when I’m kayaking, biking, camping, or just about any time I’m outside. It’s awesome and I only wish that I’d discovered it sooner”
“Overall, it’s an excellent female urination device that does the job. I never get pee on my pants or shoes. However, the case doesn’t stay closed that well and I find that it often opens in my backpack—gross.”
Who Should Consider Using Female Urination Devices?
There are plenty of reasons why you might consider using the Shewees, or another brand of female urination device. A few of them are:
She-Wee for Outdoor Activities
As mentioned, pee funnels such as the SheWees make an excellent choice for outdoor activities. This is particularly true for rock climbers, or scuba divers with dry suits where you might not want to remove all your gear in order to pee.
If you have hip, knee or ankle surgery, you may find it quite difficult to sit down on the toilet. By using the SheWees, or other pee funnel, you can pee while standing up.
“I’m so thankful that the nurse in the hospital told me about SheWees pee cups for after my knee surgery. I used it for the first month, and it was a real life-saver. It hurt so much to bend my knee! I didn’t even know female urination devices even existed.”
Trans people may prefer to pee while standing up. A device such as the SheWees allow them to do that!
Camping in the Cold or Rain
If you’re camping in a cold climate, or it’s raining, you may not want to leave your tent to pee. Imagine if you could just pee into a water bottle and then empty it in the morning?
A female urination device like the She-Wee allows you to do that easily.
Remote Jobs and the She-Wee
For some people with remote jobs, there may not be toilet facilities on site. If there are plenty of trees, it’s no problem. Just hide behind one of them and pee. However, if it’s a flat place, then you may want to pee a bit more discreetly. A pee funnel will help you do that!
Air and Sea Travel
When you’re on a plane, toilets get disgusting by the end of a long-haul flight. You’ll probably want to stay as far away as possible from it. Same with toilets on a boat that can often get hit hard by seasick travellers during wavy conditions.
Use your Shewee female peeing device to not have to get anywhere near the toilet seat!
If you are confined to a wheelchair, you may consider using the Shewee. You’ll also need a bottle or urine bag (at least 1L is recommended). Here’s how you do it:
- Find a discrete place, or a public toilet and apply the brake on your wheelchair.
- Move to the front of the chair, so the Shewee can be pointed downwards.
- Hold the Shewee with one hand, and the bottle or urine bag with the other.
- Pee and then wipe the funnel off. Dispose of the urine in a toilet or sink.
If you’re stuck in bed, peeing can definitely be an issue. It’s particularly true if you’re like me and drink a ton of water!
To find out how to use this FUD while in bed, check this out: Using the She Wee Female Urination Aid While in Bed.
Tips for Using Pee Funnels:
- You have to trust that it’ll work. This is key! Lean into it and don’t go in 1/2 way. It’ll leak for sure if you do this.
- Practice peeing in the shower with your pee funnel for ladies first to build some trust
- Don’t think that peeing into the wind is a good idea. It’s certainly not and you’ll get splatter all over your clothes.
- Pee with a wide stance if you want to keep your shoes and pants dry.
- Don’t forget gravity! In order for the Shewee to work, the spout must be pointed downwards.
- Don’t push the cup too tightly to your body. This will allow room for the urine to flow freely.
- Hold the She Wee under a freely flowing tap so you can see which angle it works best with. Try to replicate this while peeing into it.
Find out more information about using the Shewee here: How to Use the She Wee.
How to Clean the Shewee?
You’ll probably want to know how to clean the She Wee and keep it in tip-top shape. The good news is that it’s really easy to do.
The company recommends using a mild soap and water to clean your pee funnel. If you don’t have any soap, then just water is fine.
You might not have access to water. In this case, just shake off the Shewee and give it a good clean at the next opportunity. The materials in this product are hydrophobic so urine won’t really remain on the product if you shake it out.
For best results, avoid harsh chemicals and don’t do things like putting it in the dishwasher.
What about the Peebol?
It’s ideal for peeing inside a tent, or on long journeys where you may not have access to a toilet such as a long bus ride.
Men can pee directly into the Peebol, while women can use it alone (a bit of a learning curve) or with the Shewee.
Although the Peebol is a disposable product, it can be sealed up and then used again until it’s full. The total volume is 1L per bag. The product, including the packaging, contents, and bag are recyclable.
“Love them for tent camping when it’s raining. They also work well for when you’re stuck in traffic and wearing a skirt. I carry a few of these around with me in the glove box.”
You can check out the Peebol for yourself over on Amazon:
What about SheWee Shorts?
If you’re browsing over on Amazon, you’ll perhaps notice that the company also sells underwear designed to be used with your ShePee. Here are a few quick facts about them:
- Although they’re called shorts, they’re actually underwear for women
- Antimicrobial with odour control
- Soft, and durable fabric
- 72% nylon, 24% Cupro, 4% Elastane
- 3 colours (to match your She Pee)
- Reasonably priced
SheWee shorts have a discrete fly, with a loop pull to open it which makes it very easy to them along with a female urination device like the SheWee. There’s no need to take off your underwear, or pull them down in order to pee while standing up.
Unlike regular underwear for women, these are more like a boxer short style. They’re loose, comfortable and the fabric is perfect for hiking, running, or anytime you’re out on the go.
You can check out SheWee Shorts for yourself over on Amazon:
The Takeaway on the She Wee Pee Funnel
Let’s get to the heart of the matter: is the SheWee pee funnel a buy? In short, yes!
This pee funnel for ladies from SheWee is a reasonably priced female urination device that does what it’s designed to do—allow you to pee while standing up, and not get the pee all over your shoes or clothes.
The SheWee Pee Funnel is a bit cheaper than some of the more expensive options you can find over on Amazon. The good news is that reviews and overall rating for the She Wee pee funnel for ladies are very similar to the more expensive choices.
We love the extension tube that allows you to do things like pee while wearing a climbing harness, or while wearing bulky clothes.
We also love how small and light this thing is. It’s perfect for backpacking, hiking, or cycling trips when size and weight is a real issue. The hard carrying case is excellent at keeping things discrete and sanitary.
Sounds like the right product for you? Then head on over to Amazon to pick yourself up one today:
Compare all the Pee Funnels for Women:
Have your Say About the Shewee Pee Funnel for Ladies
What do you think about the She Wee female urination device? Is it a good option, or are there better pee funnel brands out there?
Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with us.