Table of Contents
Pee While Standing Up
If you’re a woman who has ever wanted to pee standing up, just like a guy then you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to review the P-Mate, a funnel shaped device that allows you to do just that.
Unlike many of the other pee funnels that we’ve reviewed, this one is disposable. The main advantage is that it’s easy to take care of—just throw it in the trash.
The main disadvantages are that it can be quite expensive if you buy more and more boxes of P-Mates, and also that as with all disposable products, it’s not so eco-friendly.
Overall, it’s an excellent product that is very easy to use, as long as you practice a few times in the shower first. The P Mate has some excellent user reviews on Amazon and most people that try it are pretty happy with it.
Keep on reading for all the details about this disposable pee funnel, or head on over to Amazon to check it out for yourself:
Why Would I Need a Female Urination Device?
Okay, so you’re maybe thinking to yourself, why in the world would I need a pee funnel? That’s an excellent question!
If you do any sort of outdoor activities, you may find it useful. For example, camping, backpacking, boating, or rock climbing. It can be particularly useful in winter if you don’t want to pull down your pants the entire way when it’s so cold just to take a pee.
Another use is if you’re on the road a lot and don’t always want to stop at gas stations. The P-Mate makes it really easy to pee right next to your car, or even into a water bottle inside your car.
Finally, you might be at a disgusting public bathroom—when traveling, at a big festival, or a gas station. A pee funnel can be quite useful in allowing a woman to pee while standing up so she can avoid touching anything.
P-Mate Female Disposable Pee Funnel Pros
- Disposable, so no clean-up. Just use it and throw it in the trash.
- Foldable so it fits into a pocket.
- Extremely light and compact, so you can bring it with you even when weight is an issue (backpacking for example).
- Made from recycled materials.
- Finely waxed cardboard that is sturdy enough for a single use device.
- The funnel area is big enough so that most people find it easy enough to place in the correct position as to not pee on themselves!
Buy the P-Mate Female Disposable Urine Director
It can be quite difficult to find devices that allow women to pee while standing up in stores. If you do want to try, often the best place to look is at outdoor stores (REI in the USA, or MEC in Canada).
Otherwise, go online for all the styles (reusable, or disposable), brands, and colours. You can easily find the P-Mate on Amazon:
What People Are Saying about the P Mate
“The product is exactly as described—a disposable pee funnel for women. The cardboard is a heavy stock and sturdy enough. The seams bend right where you need them to bend and it’s easy to fold into place. Because they fold flat, they’re really portable and you can take them just about anywhere.”
“I often find myself in a situation where I’m in need of a “bush,” but it’s not easy to find one. For example, when doing road work in a flat place. This is the perfect solution. I just pull my pants and underwear down a tiny bit and can pee without anyone even really noticing.”
“It’s not a bad product, but I didn’t like having to fold it into place to get it to work. I found that it was more hassle than it was worth, and I’ll probably stick with the reusable options from now on. I’ve since tried the Pee Pocket and found it to work much better.”
P-Mate Disposable Female Urination Device Cons
- Not so friendly for the environment due to the disposable nature of it. If you’re looking for a more eco-friendly option, consider the Whiz Freedom reusable FUD.
- Can be quite expensive, also because it is disposable. If you’re looking to save some money, consider something like the Go Girl reusable pee funnel.
Tips for Using the P-Mate Female Disposable Urine Director
- Do NOT flush the P-Mate down the toilet. It must be disposed of in the trash.
- As with any Female Urinary Device, you need the use of gravity for it to work. Keep the end of the spout below the funnel.
- DO NOT pee into the wind. Trust us on that one!
- Practice in the shower a few times so you can get the hang of it before trying it on the road.
- Be sure to not wait until the very last second before getting set up. You have to fold the P Mate into place which can take a minute or two.
The Takeaway on the P-Mate Female Disposable Pee Funnel
If you’re looking for a disposable pee funnel, the P-Mate makes an excellent choice. If you want to pee standing up, but don’t want to deal with the hassle of cleaning a reusable product, then consider the P-Mate.
Most people find that it’s easy to use, and they love the disposable nature of it. It’s sturdy enough cardboard that it’s not too flimsy to use, and then when you’re done, you just have to throw it into the trash. It couldn’t be easier.
Next time you’re in the wilderness, at a festival, or traveling in an underdeveloped country, consider bringing a few of these along with you. You can avoid touching any disgusting surface, pulling your pants down entirely, and you can also pee with a bit of privacy in a place without any trees around.
You can get the P-Mate disposable Female Urinary Device (FUD) on Amazon:
Compare all the Disposable Pee Funnels
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API