- BATHROOM SOLUTION: Discreet, reusable, funnel-shaped urination device that provides a revolutionary...
- PORTABLE: Fits in your purse, pocket, or glove compartment (and is TSA Approved). A must have for...
- HYGIENIC: Moisture and germ resistant, 100% latex free, and because its doctor designed, made from...
- REUSABLE + EASY TO USE: Simply hold against your body, form a seal, aim and go. Can be wiped clean...
- MADE IN THE USA: The only one of its kind! Developed, produced, and packaged right here in the USA...
Introduction to the Go Girl Urination Device
Here are a few quick facts about the Go Girl Female Urination Device:
- Allows you to pee while standing up like a guy
- Perfect for after surgery, gross bathrooms, road trips, traveling, etc.
- The Go Girl Cup is made in the USA
- Some great customer ratings and reviews
- Made from medical grade silicone and will last a lifetime
- Easy to clean
- Reasonably priced when compared to some of the other female urinals
Go Girl Urination Device Review
Have you ever wanted to be able to pee while standing up, just like a guy? If your answer is “yes,” then you’ve come to the right place! Pee Funnels, or Female Urination Devices like this one from Go Girl allow you to do just that.
They’re perfect for camping, backpacking, rock climbing, boating, road trips, disgusting bathrooms at festivals, and a million and one other things. Once you try one of these things, you’ll probably wonder how you survived so many years without!
Let’s take a look at the Go Girl to see if this is the urination device for you. It’s made in Minnesota (USA) from medical grade silicone, the same material that most menstrual cups are made from.
Overall, the Go-Girl is a decent option with some good user ratings on Amazon. It’s reasonably priced, at about half the cost of some of the more expensive models on the market. But, does it work? By “work,” we mean allow you to be pee standing up without getting it all over your clothes or shoes.
We’ll explore that question in detail! But, first of all, you can check out the Go Girl Urination Device for yourself over on Amazon:
Go Girl Cup: First Impressions
Go Girl Female Urination Device (FUD) Pros:
- More affordable than some of the other options for FUDs (the Freshette!)
- 1400+ user reviews on Amazon so you can get an accurate picture of the pros and cons
- Go-Girl is easy to clean with soap and water, and then leave it to air dry
- Splash guard and reasonable capacity, so it shouldn’t leak, splash or overflow. Of course, practice a few times in the shower first
- Foldable so you can carry it with you almost anywhere you go
- Light in weight (less than 2 ounces), so it’s perfect for hiking, backpacking or just about any situation where weight is an issue
- Made from medical grade silicone (same as most menstrual cups!)
- Optional extender tube option (we wish it was included in the original Go Girl)
- The company behind the Gogirl Female Urination Device is based in the USA (Minnesota)
- Reusable for years (eco-friendly)
What People are Saying about the Go Girl Pee Funnel
“The Go Girl Cup is such a great product. I used it for my cross-country road trip and thought it was awesome not having to squat on the side of the road anymore. LOVE this thing.”
“Using Gogirl is easier than I thought and it didn’t leak from the first time using it, which was nice. It also folds up really small so you can carry it your purse or a small bag. The thing I didn’t like was that there was some moisture left on me after I was done, so you have to use TP with this thing, unlike some of the other ones I’ve tried.”
“Cool name and nice packaging, but I couldn’t really get the Go-Girl to work that well for the first few times. Practice did make perfect though and I got the hang of it. I recommend practicing with it in the shower the first few times so you don’t pee on your clothes!”
Where to Buy the Go Girl Female Urination Device
The best place to get the Go Girl Pee Funnel is on Amazon. The price is very reasonable, and you can see all the style and colour options. Shipping is often free. Check out the Go Girl now:
Go Girl Female Urination Device (FUD) Cons:
- The Go Girl Cup requires two hands to hold it in place
- Smaller than some of the other Pee Funnels, so may not work for every person
Go-Girl: About the Company
Based in the USA, this company has been around for years, and has an excellent reputation for selling a top-quality product that you can trust.
The original idea was developed by a medical doctor to help a disabled family member pee standing up after surgery. More research and development later, the current product was released at the Minnesota State Fair in 2009.
It was a hit, with 40,000 Go Girls being sold in just one week. It’s now sold in 50+ countries and is one of the most popular portable female urinals on the market today.
Go Girl Female Pee Cup Review
Go Girl Female Urination Device: Made from Medical Grade Silicone
In the world of pee funnels, the Go Girl is a little bit unique in that it’s made from medical grade silicone. Many other companies avoid this because it’s quite expensive to manufacture products from, compared to some of the other options out there.
However, because the Go Girl Urination Device is made from silicone, it’s more supple than similar devices made from rubber or lower-quality silicone. It also feels nice when placed next to your sensitive lady parts!
The other benefit to this high-quality pee funnel is that it’ll last for years. If you only use it when out in the wilderness a few times a year for example, it should last you for an entire lifetime. This is certainly more eco-friendly that some of the disposable female urinals on the market today.
How to Clean the Go-Girl
To clean medical grade silicone, you can use a mild soap and water after use. This is optional, and you certainly don’t need to worry about this on a backpacking trip for example. Just clean it well when you get home before storing it away.
Quick tip: let it dry completely before packing it away. Also, be sure to NOT store your Go-Girl in an airtight container.
If you want to sterilize your Go-Girl, you can boil it in a pot of water on the stove for five minutes. However, keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom or sides of the pot because this will ruin the device.
Tips for Using a Female Urination Device
Using the Go Girl is easier than you might think. Here are a few tips for using Gogirl to pee while standing up:
- Practice at home in the shower with the Gogirl Female Urination Device before taking it on the road
- For the Go Girl, be sure to use two hands (some can be done with only one hand)
- Don’t pee into the wind. Trust us on that one
- We LOVE the optional extender tube. It gives you a bit more margin for error
- A wide stance is often best so you don’t pee on your clothes or shoes
- You need to commit to it! Don’t go half-way, or you’ll likely have some bad results with it
How to Use the Go Girl Urination Device
There are a few simple steps you can follow for making the best use of your Go-Girl Female Urinal.
Step 1: Open your Go-Girl
Peel off the sticker that says “open here” to expose the cap. Squeeze the tube and the cap will pop off. Pull out the Go-Girl, and you may choose the keep the plastic storage bag for later use.
Step 2: Position the Go-Girl
Use your thumb and middle finger. Your thumb should be placed on the front, and middle finger on the back. Hold the Go-Girl gently against your body, under your urethra.
Don’t press too firmly because it may not seal to your body properly.
Step 3: Use your Go-Girl
Relax and tinkle. Be sure to point downhill and not into the wind (if applicable).
Who Should Consider Using the Go Girl Cup?
As already mentioned, pee funnels work well for people interested in the outdoors. This is particularly true for a scuba diver with a dry suit, or a climber who want to pee without removing all their clothes.
However, there are lots of other reasons to considering using the Go Girl Pee Funnel. Some of them include the following.
Anyone who Encounters Gross Bathrooms
Okay, let’s be real. When you encounter a disgusting toilet seat, you don’t have a lot of great options. Ideally, there will be a paper seat cover, but in a place with gross bathrooms, not likely.
You could also hover, but that’s not easy on the legs, nor is it easy to not pee all over the toilet seat.
You could also consider layering toilet paper on the seat, but that’s annoying and also not that great for our environment.
Or, just use the Go Girl Cup. It’ll allow you to pee while standing up, straight into the toilet without spraying and leaking. It’s kind of the best thing since sliced bread.
Camping in the Rain or Cold
When you’re camping, and it’s raining or snowing, the last thing you want to do is go outside to pee in the night.
The good news is that you can use the Go Girl Cup to pee into a water bottle, inside your tent!
Learn more here: How to Pee Inside your Tent.
Besides just peeing in your tent when camping, there are a million other situations when you’re outside when you may want to use this girl pee cup.
Perhaps the best one we can think of is is to fight the poison ivy and mosquitos. No more squatting over unknown things with your whole backside exposed.
Certain trans people may feel more comfortable peeing while standing up, but their anatomy doesn’t easily allow this. A pee funnel can help with this.
If you have foot, ankle, knee or hip surgery, it can be pretty difficult to sit down on the toilet to pee. A female urination device can make post-surgery peeing far easier.
“I’m so thankful that the nurse in the hospital mentioned the Go Girl Cup to me after me knee surgery. It was so painful to bend it for the first couple of months that this thing was a real life-saver. Can you believe that I didn’t even know these products existed?”
If you work on remote job site, you may not have easy access to toilet facilities. If there are plenty of trees around, this isn’t a big deal. However, if there aren’t and you want to pee a little more discreetly, this Go Girl Cup will help you do that.
Music Festivals or Traveling
Anywhere there’s dirty toilets, you may want to consider a device that allows you to pee while standing up like a guy. Think music festivals with dirty porta-potties (and massive lines to go along with them). Avoid this and just pee discreetly behind your tent.
Or, when traveling in underdeveloped countries, you may want to avoid touching anything in the bathroom! Use the Go-Girl to pee while standing.
If you’re a scuba diver who uses a front-zip drysuit, you may find it much easier to pee with Go Girl Urinal rather than taking off your whole kit.
Tips for Using the Go Girl Pee Funnel
There are a few simple steps for how to use the Go Girl Female Urinal:
- Make sure you practice in the shower a few times your GoGirl. Then, try it out over the toilet. Finally, take it “on the road.”
- Hold the GoGirl with your thumb and middle finger, stretching from from to back. It’s flexible, and can work with any body shape.
- Sealing on the back is key. Do this by applying moderate pressure with your fingers on the front-back end of it (see above picture).
- It’s best to avoid holding it on the sides because this can cause the GoGirl to collapse and break the seal.
- Wash your Go Girl FUD with soap and water after use. You can shake it to help dry it out.
The Takeaway on the Go Girl Urination Device
If you’re looking for a device that will allow you to pee while standing up, the Go Girl makes a nice option. It has a nice design and is made from top-quality medical grade silicone. It’s very affordable and considerably cheaper than some of their competitors, even though it’s made in the USA.
However, the overall user ratings for the Go Girl Cup are a bit lower than other female urination devices. While there are plenty of happy customers, there are a decent number who just couldn’t get the hang of this thing. Some products in the category have ratings up to 4.5/5, so there are more user-friendly products out there.
In general, smaller people seemed to have more success, because this thing is smaller than some of the other ones. Larger people might want to consider one of the options (see our comparison chart below).
However, the price is certainly right for the Go Girl Cup! Give it a go and see for yourself—it’ll probably work for you. If not, you’ve actually lost very little and will have a funny story to tell your friends.
You can get the Go Girl Female Urination Device on Amazon:
Compare ALL the Female Urination Devices
For full reviews, check them out here: Top 10 Pee Funnels.
Have your Say about the Go Girl Cup
What do you think about the Go Girl FUD? Is it a good buy? Or, are you considering other brands of female urination devices?
Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.
Last update on 2019-01-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API