Travel Jane Disposable Urinal for Women Review
If you’re ever though to yourself, “I’d love to pee standing up,” then you’ve come to the right place! We’re going to review the Travel Jane Disposable Urinal, which allows women to pee while standing. The Travel Jane is unique in that the gel solidifies when it mixes with urine so that disposal is extremely easy.
There are plenty of situations where this could be helpful. For example, any kind of outdoor activities like hiking, camping, backpacking, boating, skiing, or climbing.
Or, you could be in a place with disgusting bathrooms and you hope to avoid them altogether, or if you must use them, not touch anything. An example might be at a big music festival where your only option is disgusting urinals.
It can be really difficult to find the Travel Jane in stores. You can try big outdoor shops like REI (USA) or Mountain Equipment Co-Op (Canada) but there are no guarantees you’ll be able to find them.
In our experience, it’s best to get pee funnels for women on Amazon. You’ll be able to choose from all the brands, styles, and options. Check out the Travel Jane (by the Travel John company) on Amazon:
The Travel Jane is disposable, unlike most other pee funnels you might consider. While it can be a bit expensive to use them only once, you do have the advantage of not having to keep them clean.
The good news is that the Travel Jane and Travel John can be used more than once. This is possible because the gel turns the liquid into a solid in a few seconds. Keep using it until you reach the volume indicator on the bag, and once you reach that point, throw it into the trash.
Travel Jane vs. Travel John
In case you’re wondering about the Travel Jane vs. the Travel John, they are exactly the same. Both of these products are made by the same company out of the United Kingdom. The only real difference is colour and packaging.
For more, keep on reading for the full review of the Travel Jane Disposable urinal for Women.
Travel Jane Disposable Pee Funnel Pros:
- Disposable, so clean up is really easy.
- Gel that solidifies when mixed with fluid, which makes disposal extremely easy.
- Skip nasty bathrooms with a disposable pee funnel.
- Although it is a disposable product, the bag is biodegradable.
- You can use this disposable pee funnel more than once. Check the volume indicator on the bag to know when you’ve reached your limit. It’s not messy because the gel turns the liquid into a solid.
- Made in the UK.
- Can also be used a motion sickness bag for road trips.
- Spill guard prevents back flow. Also leakproof.
- Odourless (the gel traps in bad odours)
Buy the Travel Jane
It can be difficult to find female urination devices in stores. In our experience, the best place to look is on Amazon. Check out the Travel Jane (by the travel John company) on Amazon:
Travel Jane Disposable Pee Funnel Cons:
- Can be quite expensive if you plan to use them on a regular basis. Instead, consider one of the reusable pee funnels (we love the SheWee Female Urination Device).
- Not great for the environment when considering the disposable nature of it. We generally recommend reusable products instead (see: reusable pee funnels, menstrual cups, and cloth menstrual pads)
- Exactly the same as the Travel John, but with different packaging and colours. It’s a product that’s designed for men, so while it can work for women, it’s not designed for them.
- The opening is quite small for women.
Tips for Using the Travel Jane Disposable Urinal for Women
- Be sure to bring toilet paper too, and then you can just throw it in the Travel Jane when you’re done with it.
- Do a test run (or two) at home in the shower before taking these out on the road.
- Most people find that a wide stance works best to avoid peeing on their shoes or pants.
- Many people find that two hands works best when holding the device.
The Takeaway on the Travel Jane Disposable Female Urination Device
If you’re looking for a disposable female urination device, the Travel Jane (by the Travel John) company makes a decent option. It allows women to pee standing up, which is ideal on road trips, when traveling or doing outdoor activities, or traveling in underdeveloped countries. I’m sure you can think of at least a couple situations in your own life!
We love that the gel in the Travel Jane device mixes with pee and forms a solid gel, which makes clean-up extremely easy. There’s no fuss with trying to “direct” your pee somewhere with the reusable pee funnels, which is often where the disaster happens. By “disaster,” we mean pee all over your clothes or shoes.
While we generally don’t love disposable products here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, the Travel Jane can be used more than once due to the gel which hardens the liquid in a matter of seconds. Keep on using it until you reach the volume indicated on the bag, and then dispose of in the trash.
The best place to get the Travel Jane Disposable female urination device by the Travel John company is on Amazon. Check them out today: