If you’re looking for one of the best disposable pee funnels, then the Travel Jane should be at the top of your list. Read our buying guide, packed with information to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
Travel Jane Female Urination Device Introduction
The Travel Jane (same as the Travel John, but for women) is a device that allows you to pee standing up. Here are a few quick facts:
- It’s like a pee funnel, but with a bag attached. The pee mixes with the gel and solidifies.
- Can be perfect for peeing in the tent when camping.
- Odourless, and can be used multiple times (up to the fill line).
- Also works great for motion sickness when on a road trip.
- Can get quite expensive if used frequently.
- Made in the UK.
- The bag is biodegradable.
The Travel Jane (or other female urination devices) can be quite difficult to find in stores. If there’s one place where you could look, it’s an outdoor shop like REI in the US, or MEC in Canada.
Otherwise, we recommend shopping online. You’ll have the full range of styles and brand options and prices are very competitive.
Check out this disposable urinal for women for yourself over on Amazon:
Travel Jane Disposable Urinal for Women Review
If you’re ever though to yourself, “I’d love to pee standing up,” then you’ve come to the right place! We’re going to review the Travel Jane Disposable Urinal, which allows women to pee while standing. The Travel Jane is unique in that the gel solidifies when it mixes with urine so that disposal is extremely easy.
There are plenty of situations where this could be helpful. For example, any kind of outdoor activities like hiking, camping, backpacking, boating, skiing, or climbing.
Or, you could be in a place with disgusting bathrooms and you hope to avoid them altogether, or if you must use them, not touch anything. An example might be at a big music festival where your only option is disgusting urinals.
It can be really difficult to find the Travel Jane in stores. You can try big outdoor shops like REI (USA) or Mountain Equipment Co-Op (Canada) but there are no guarantees you’ll be able to find them.
Where to Buy It
In our experience, it’s best to get pee funnels for women on Amazon. You’ll be able to choose from all the brands, styles, and options. Check it out (by the Travel John company) on Amazon:
The Travel Jane is disposable, unlike most other pee funnels you might consider. While it can be a bit expensive to use them only once, you do have the advantage of not having to keep them clean.
The good news is that the Travel Jane and Travel John can be used more than once. This is possible because the gel turns the liquid into a solid in a few seconds. Keep using it until you reach the volume indicator on the bag, and once you reach that point, throw it into the trash.
Travel Jane vs. Travel John
In case you’re wondering about the Travel Jane vs. the Travel John, they are exactly the same. Both of these products are made by the same company out of the United Kingdom. The only real difference is colour and packaging.
For more, keep on reading for the full review of the Travel Jane Disposable urinal for Women.
Travel Jane Disposable Pee Funnel Pros:
- Disposable, so clean up is really easy.
- Gel that solidifies when mixed with fluid, which makes disposal extremely easy.
- Skip nasty bathrooms with a disposable pee funnel.
- Although it is a disposable product, the bag is biodegradable.
- You can use this disposable pee funnel more than once. Check the volume indicator on the bag to know when you’ve reached your limit. It’s not messy because the gel turns the liquid into a solid.
- Made in the UK.
- Can also be used a motion sickness bag for road trips.
- Spill guard prevents back flow. Also leakproof.
- Odourless (the gel traps in bad odours)
- One of our top picks for peeing while in the car
Where Can I Get this Traveling Urinal?
It can be difficult to find female urination devices in stores. In our experience, the best place to look is on Amazon. Check out the Travel Jane (by the travel John company) on Amazon:
Travel Jane Disposable Pee Funnel Cons:
- Can be quite expensive if you plan to use them on a regular basis. Instead, consider one of the reusable pee funnels (we love the SheWee Female Urination Device).
- Not great for the environment when considering the disposable nature of it. We generally recommend reusable products instead (see: reusable pee funnels, menstrual cups, and cloth menstrual pads)
- Exactly the same as the Travel John, but with different packaging and colours. It’s a product that’s designed for men, so while it can work for women, it’s not designed for them.
- The opening is quite small for women.
Who Should Use the Travel Jane?
There are a number of situations when you might consider using the Travel Jane female urination device. Some of these include:
The ultimate use for something like the TravelJohn is when camping. If you’ve ever been in your warm tent on a cold, rainy night, you know how not ideal it is to get up and go to the bathroom.
It’s cold out there! With the Travel Jane it’s very easy to pee inside the tent. Fear no more.
If you do various kinds of outdoor activities, you know that it can be a bit of a hassle to go pee in certain situations. For example, what if you’re climbing up a big rock face, and need to go pee?
This is where this disposable urinal for women excels. You can pee into the bag, and not have a second thought about it.
If you get motion sickness, you’ll LOVE having the Travel Jane with you. It’s an easy way to have a bit of security that you won’t throw up all over your car or clothes.
One of the best things about it is that it locks in odours. This is ideal if you’re on a bus or train and not able to stop as soon as it happens.
After a Surgery
If you have minor knee, hip or foot surgery, it may not be easy for you to bend down to sit on the toilet. If you can’t do this for only a day or two, consider using the Travel Jane instead.
Best Pee Funnels
|Best Overall||Easiest to Use||Smallest and Lightest||Best Disposable|
|pStyle Female Urination Device||Outdoor Life Pee Funnel||Pibella FUD||Travel Jane disposable|
|Light, compact and just works well overall.||Large funnel for ease of use.||Fits right under your urethra.||Funnel, with self-contained bag.|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check price|
How to Use It
If you’ve never used a disposable female urinal before, you might feel kind of nervous about the Travel Jane/Travel John. After all, peeing while standing up is a bit of a new experience for most women.
However, it’s easier than you think. All you have to do is unroll the product, position it under your urethra, and then pee. Most people find that using two hands with their legs spread apart and knees slightly bent has the best results.
Once the liquid hits the crystals, it turns to a gel and locks in the odour. You can seal the bag up carefully for a second use if it doesn’t gross you out!
Once the bag is full, you can dispose of it in the trash, and then use a fresh bag if needed for further uses.
Can I Use this Disposable Urinal more than Once?
Okay, so you’re thrifty like me and want to save a bit of money? Perhaps you don’t want to keep using a new bag every single time you need to pee.
It is certainly possible to use this disposable urinal for more than one use. However, it’s only 28 ounces, so be careful. If you haven’t peed all day, but drank a decent amount of water, it’s possible to overfill it in a single use. This is particularly true for your second use.
Tips for Using this Disposable Urinal for Women
- Be sure to bring toilet paper too, and then you can just throw it in the Travel Jane when you’re done with it.
- Do a test run (or two) at home in the shower before taking these out on the road.
- Most people find that a wide stance works best to avoid peeing on their shoes or pants.
- Many people find that two hands works best when holding the device.
- Don’t be tempted to fill it beyond the line. This is a bad, bad idea (trust us on that one!).
- Remember that gravity is indeed a thing! You’ll have to make sure the bag is positioned below you for it to work well. For example, laying on the bed with the bag not really positioned downwards often equals disaster.
The Takeaway on the Travel Jane Disposable Female Urination Device
If you’re looking for a disposable female urination device, the Travel Jane (by the Travel John) company makes a decent option. It allows women to pee standing up, which is ideal on road trips, when traveling or doing outdoor activities, or traveling in underdeveloped countries. I’m sure you can think of at least a couple situations in your own life!
Very Easy Clean Up with the Travel Jane
We love that the gel in the Travel Jane device mixes with pee and forms a solid gel, which makes clean-up extremely easy. There’s no fuss with trying to “direct” your pee somewhere with the reusable pee funnels, which is often where the disaster happens. By “disaster,” we mean pee all over your clothes or shoes.
While we generally don’t love disposable products here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, the Travel Jane can be used more than once due to the gel which hardens the liquid in a matter of seconds. Keep on using it until you reach the volume indicated on the bag, and then dispose of in the trash.
Where to Buy the Travel Jane Disposable FUD
The best place to get the Travel Jane Disposable female urination device by the Travel John company is on Amazon. Check them out today:
Compare all the Disposable Urinals for Women
There are a ton of other options out there for this kind of product. You can check out some of our top picks right here in this handy comparison chart:
What about Reusable Female Urination Devices?
Here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, we’re ALL about reusable products. They’re cheaper, better for the environment, and also your health in many cases.
What about reusable Female Urination Devices? Do they make a better choice than something like the Travel Jane?
We think so! The reusable products are cheaper in many cases, are extremely durable, and are far better for the environment. There are a myriad of options for you to choose from, in two main styles:
- Pee funnels. They have a large base, and then a tube that directs your urine (for example, the Go Girl Female Urination Device).
- Tubes that fit right around your urethra. These are smaller and lighter, but do have a bit more of a learning curve to using them correctly (the Pibella for example).
Just about the only reason why you should consider the Travel Jane or Travel John over the reusables is if you want to have a bag to contain your urine, instead of directing it onto the ground, or in the toilet.
Compare Reusable Pee Funnels
If you take a look online, you’ll see that there are a ton of options for disable urinals for women. In fact, it can even be a little bit overwhelming trying to decide on the right one. But, not to worry. We’ve done the hard work for you and narrowed down the choices to some of our favourites.
For all the options for reusable female urination devices, you’ll want to check out this handy comparison chart:
Travel Jane Disposable Urinal: Have your Say!
What do you think about the Travel Jane Disposable urinal? Is it a buy, or are you considering one of the reusable female urination devices? Leave a comment below and let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other people, who are going on road trips, or to festivals find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-03-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API