Mama Cloth Reusable Cloth Pads Review
Before we get into the mama cloth pads reviews, we’ll give you some basic information about why these products are awesome. Reusable cloth menstrual pads are an excellent option instead of disposable ones for the following three reasons:
- The environment. Stop putting all that plastic that doesn’t biodegrade into the landfill. This is an eco-friendly product you can feel good about buying. Think about how many disposable sanitary napkins you’ve thrown in the trash over the course of your lifetime. It’s time to make a change and think eco-friendly.
- The price. Disposable pads are expensive! It’s not uncommon to use an entire box of pads each month, particularly if you have a very heavy flow. Each box costs around $5, so the cost can add up quickly! A package of cloth menstrual pads costs a bit more up-front but can last for years, making it an excellent investment. Pair reusable cloth pads with a top-quality menstrual cup for even more savings.
- Your health. Stop putting chemicals next to your skin-most disposable pads contain traces of pesticides sprayed on cotton. There are also chemicals on disposable sanitary napkins from the dyes used in the manufacturing process. It’s uncertain as to whether or not these cause things like cancer, but it is known that they do cause irritation.
Onwards to the Mama Cloth Pads review. Our goal is to help you decide if these reusable period pads are the one for you. Or, just check them out on Amazon to see if they’re right for you:
Check out Mama Cloth Pads
Love my antibacterial bamboo fiber Mama Cloth menstrual pads. That’s quite the name, but the company behind this product is actually “Mama Cloth,” which has a wide range of eco-friendly products including cloth diapers, breastfeeding pads, etc.
These cloth pads are made from antibacterial bamboo fibers which will give you a dry feeling next to your skin. They’re an excellent choice for light-medium flow days, or for a heavier day when paired with something like a menstrual cup. They can be a good choice for larger women since they’re a bit wider and longer than the average cloth pad.
Quick Tip: Be sure to get a Dutchess Wet Bag along with your cloth menstrual pads. They’re perfect for changing your Mama Cloth pad on the go. Just put your used cloth pad in the wet bag, and take it home without any mess or hassle.
Why Consider Cloth Menstrual Pads?
There are a few reasons why you might consider making the switch from disposable sanitary napkins to cloth menstrual pads, including these Mama cloth ones. We’ll talk about just a few of them here:
Better for the Environment
Disposable pads aren’t great for the environment. They are made partly from non-biodegradable plastic, and I’m sure you know already that this stuff will still be hanging around the landfill in thousands of years from now.
Due to the nature of disposable sanitary napkins, they can’t really be recycled.
Compare this to cloth pads which are made largely from natural materials. You can use them for 5-10 years, and then when you do throw them in the trash, they’ll biodegrade easily.
Cloth menstrual pads are a serious win for our planet!
One cloth pads can replace hundreds of disposable pads. I don’t know need to tell you this because I’m sure you already know, but disposable feminine hygiene products are expensive.
You will spend a bit more money up-front for reusable cloth pads, but you’ll recoup your money in less than a year.
Better for your Health
Disposable pads and tampons (non-organic ones) contain trace amounts of toxic chemicals. Although the amounts are quite small, exposure to this stuff adds up over time and can cause some serious health problems.
The other problem with disposable sanitary pads is if you have sensitive skin. The toxins in them can cause some serious irritation.
If this is the case for you, consider making the switch to reusable cloth pads and you’ll likely notice a big difference.
What People are Saying about the Mama Cloth Pads:
“They are very soft and come out clean from the washing machine. I was kind of surprised that they didn’t stain, but they didn’t! I like the cute colours too!”
“Mama Cloth menstrual pads are comfortable and much less irritating than normal pads. I used to get rashes and irritated skin from disposable pads but I don’t have problems with that anymore. They seem to stay in place better than some of the other cloth menstrual pads, even when I exercise.”
“They are the most comfortable brand of menstrual pads I’ve ever used. For whatever reason, they just feel nice against my skin. I think it’s the fabric that’s next to my skin—it’s so soft.”
Buy Mama Cloth Pads
Cloth menstrual pads are quite difficult to find at your local drugstore. For whatever reason, they’re just not that popular and even places like Wal-Mart usually don’t carry them. The best place to get Mama Cloth menstrual pads is on Amazon. You’ll have the full range of colours, and sizes and shipping is often free with Amazon Prime.
Check them out on Amazon today:
Mama Cloth Pros:
- The price.
- The wings are serious! Most women mentioned that the pads stayed firmly in place, more so than other brands of menstrual pads. Very few reports of leaking on the sides with these popular pads.
- They come in a cute pouch, perfect for taking one with you on the go.
- A choice of six colourful designs.
- The fabric feels really nice against the skin and is breathable, unlike many of the other brands of menstrual pads out there.
Mama Cloth Cons:
- They aren’t appropriate for heavy flow days, or for women with heavy periods. They’re actually a bit more like a pantyliner when compared to disposable pads. Perhaps consider pairing a cloth menstrual pad with a menstrual cup in order to handle this.
- The pads are bulky, making them great to wear at night or around the house, but some women mentioned that you couldn’t wear them with tight pants.
- They aren’t great for smaller women-they are quite wide and long.
The Takeaway on Mama Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads:
Mama Cloth menstrual pads are a quality product at an affordable price. They are most suitable for larger people looking for a product that they can wear overnight as a backup to a tampon or menstrual cup.
They’re also suitable for around the house during the day. Hopefully Mama Cloth will start producing a smaller pad more suitable for smaller people and/or as a pantyliner/menstrual cup backup protection.
Buy Mama Cloth Pads on Amazon:
The best place to get Mama Cloth Reusable Pads is on Amazon.