Mama Cloth Reusable Cloth Pads Review
Before we get into the mama cloth pads reviews, we’ll give you some basic information about why these products are awesome. Reusable cloth menstrual pads are an excellent option instead of disposable ones for the following three reasons:
- The environment. Stop putting all that plastic that doesn’t biodegrade into the landfill. This is an eco-friendly product you can feel good about buying. Think about how many disposable sanitary napkins you’ve thrown in the trash over the course of your lifetime. It’s time to make a change and think eco-friendly.
- The price. Disposable pads are expensive! It’s not uncommon to use an entire box of pads each month, particularly if you have a very heavy flow. Each box costs around $5, so the cost can add up quickly! A package of cloth menstrual pads costs a bit more up-front but can last for years, making it an excellent investment. Pair reusable cloth pads with a top-quality menstrual cup for even more savings.
- Your health. Stop putting chemicals next to your skin-most disposable pads contain traces of pesticides sprayed on cotton. There are also chemicals on disposable sanitary napkins from the dyes used in the manufacturing process. It’s uncertain as to whether or not these cause things like cancer, but it is known that they do cause irritation.
Onwards to the Mama Cloth Pads review. Our goal is to help you decide if these reusable period pads are the one for you.
Check out Mama Cloth Pads
Love my antibacterial bamboo fiber Mama Cloth menstrual pads. That’s quite the name, but the company behind this product is actually “Mama Cloth,” which has a wide range of eco-friendly products including cloth diapers, breastfeeding pads, etc.
These reusable menstrual pads have a 4.0/5 out of 5 star rating on Amazon and are a bit cheaper than the other popular ones. As far as reusable cloth pads, the rating is quite good as there are many products that rate less than 4.0. It’s a tough product to do well-there are simply so many disposable options to which people compare them to.
These cloth pads are made from antibacterial bamboo fibers which will give you a dry feeling next to your skin. They’re an excellent choice for light-medium flow days, or for a heavier day when paired with something like a menstrual cup. They can be a good choice for larger women since they’re a bit wider and longer than the average cloth pad.
Quick Tip: Be sure to get a Dutchess Wet Bag along with your cloth menstrual pads. They’re perfect for changing your Mama Cloth pad on the go. Just put your used cloth pad in the wet bag, and take it home without any mess or hassle.
What People are Saying about the Mama Cloth Pads:
“They are very soft and come out clean from the washing machine. I like the cute colours too!”
“Mama Cloth menstrual pads are comfortable and much less irritating than normal pads. They seem to stay in place better than some of the other cloth menstrual pads.”
“They are the most comfortable brand of menstrual pads I’ve ever used. For whatever reason, they just feel nice against my skin. I think it’s the fabric that’s next to my skin—it’s so soft. .”
Buy Mama Cloth Pads
Cloth menstrual pads are quite difficult to find at your local drugstore. For whatever reason, they’re just not that popular and even places like Wal-Mart usually don’t carry them. The best place to get Mama Cloth menstrual pads is on Amazon. You’ll have the full range of colours, and sizes and shipping is often free with Amazon Prime. Check them out today:
Mama Cloth Pros:
- The price. They’re cheaper than many other popular brands which are usually around $5 per pad.
- The wings are serious! Most women mentioned that the pads stayed firmly in place, more so than other brands of menstrual pads. Very few reports of leaking on the sides with these popular pads.
- They come in a cute pouch, perfect for taking one with you on the go.
- A choice of six colourful designs.
- The fabric feels really nice against the skin and is breathable, unlike many of the other brands of menstrual pads out there.
Mama Cloth Cons:
- They aren’t appropriate for heavy flow days, or for women with heavy periods. They’re actually a bit more like a pantyliner when compared to disposable pads. Perhaps consider pairing a cloth menstrual pad with a menstrual cup in order to handle this.
- The pads are bulky, making them great to wear at night or around the house, but some women mentioned that you couldn’t wear them with tight pants.
- They aren’t great for smaller women-they are quite wide and long.
- The rating on Amazon. It’s not terrible at 4.0/5, but a couple of other popular brands (Dutchess Pads and Heart Felt Pads) are up in the 4.5 range.
The Takeaway on Mama Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads:
Mama Cloth menstrual pads are a quality product at an affordable price. They are most suitable for larger women looking for a product that they can wear overnight as a backup to a tampon or menstrual cup. They’re also suitable for around the house during the day. Hopefully Mama Cloth will start producing a smaller pad more suitable for smaller women and/or as a pantyliner/menstrual cup backup protection.
If you’re looking to buy a menstrual cup, please see: Top 10 Choices for a Menstrual Cup.
Buy Mama Cloth Pads on Amazon:
The best place to get Mama Cloth Reusable Pads is on Amazon.
Also consider getting a Dutchess Wet Bag, perfect for using cloth menstrual pads when you’re out on the go.