Glad Rags Organic Pads Review
These Glad Rags Organic Cloth Pads are an excellent option if you’re looking to make the switch from disposables. They can help you have a cheaper, safer, and more eco-friendly period experience. A few quick facts:
- Glad Rags makes a line of feminine hygiene products (XO Flo Menstrual Cup, Keeper Cup)
- Made from organic cotton in the USA
- Breathable fabric that feels good next to the skin
- More absorbent than many other reusable cloth menstrual pads
- Wings with snaps helps Glad Rags Organic Pads stay in place well
- Some excellent customer reviews online (better than many other cloth menstrual pads)
It can be difficult to find Glad Rags Organic Pads in stores, which is why we recommend buying them online. Check them out here: Glad Rags Organic Reusable Pads on Amazon.
Glad Rags Organic Nighttime Reusable Pads
Glad Rags is a trusted name in feminine hygiene products and they make the very popular Keeper Cup, unusual in the menstrual cup world in that it’s made of latex instead of silicone like the Diva Cup.
These organic menstrual pads are great for the environment and will also save you a ton of money. Even if you buy two sets of these nighttime pads, you’ll come out even in around six months, particularly if you have very heavy periods.
Disposable pads, especially the nighttime ones are really expensive! This is especially true when you consider how few come in a box.
The set includes one holder and two liners. Depending on how heavy your flow is, you can use one or two liners at a time. The holder is 14 inches long, which is one of the biggest reusable menstrual pads on the market and it offers some excellent protection, even when your flow is very heavy.
Keep on reading for our full review of these nighttime cloth menstrual pads, or have a look over on Amazon:
Glad Rags Organic Pads Review
Glad Rags Organic Pads: No Chemicals Next to the Skin
Our skin loves to soak up just about anything we put next to it, chemicals and pesticides included! It only makes sense to reduce our exposure to toxins as much as possible, particularly for products that we put next to our bodies.
Non-organic, disposable pads and tampons contain pesticides from the cotton that’s in them. They also contain chemicals from the manufacturing process, especially the dyes.
A big part of the problem is that manufacturers in most countries aren’t required to disclose what’s in their products. In the USA, disposable pads and tampons are classified as medical devices, which is why they don’t have to give consumers information such as materials in their products.
That’s why we always recommend going organic here at Reusable Menstrual Cups for feminine hygiene products whenever possible. Of course, we prefer reusable over disposables.
Glad Rags Organic Pads make a great option if you’re looking to make the switch. Here’s to a healthier, safer period experience. Little changes add up to make a big difference over years.
What People are Saying on Amazon about these Reusable Cloth Pads:
“Being a bigger woman, these are the first pads I’ve found that are wide and long enough for me to use. I love that they’re organic too.”
“I’ve been using these organic nighttime reusable pads from Glad Rags for 12 years and never had an issue with leaking. I use a menstrual cup along with mine and found that I’m able to sleep through the night with them.”
“I love something organic next to my skin. I’m super happy to have discovered these Glad Rags Organic Pads. They feel nice next to my skin, and the rashes that I used to get from disposable pads have cleared up too.”
You can buy these reusable cloth pads from Amazon:
Glad Rags Nighttime Reusable Pad Pros:
- They’re organic, so it really is a product that you can feel good about using next to your body.
- They’re larger than most other reusable menstrual pads, making them perfect for larger people or those with heavy flows overnight. Even better, combine these pads with a menstrual cup for bomb-proof overnight protection.
- People like the feel of the fabric against their skin-it’s more breathable than many of the other reusable menstrual pads on the market.
- Very few problems with staining or leaks, and these pads are very durable.
- Reusable are great for the environment.
- You’ll save money in the medium-long term when using reusable cloth pads as compared to their disposable counterparts.
Glad Rags Organic Nighttime Pads in Action
Glad Rags Nighttime Reusable Pad Cons:
- Quite expensive compared to some of the other pads out there.
- They don’t stay in place 100%, but are functional enough to prevent any major leaks.
- Not quite as absorbent as people expected, but most reusable menstrual pads aren’t as absorbent as their disposable counterparts. Pair your cloth pad with a menstrual cup to help alleviate this problem.
Pair with a Menstrual Cup for the Ultimate Protection
If you have a heavy period, then you’re probably looking for the highest capacity feminine hygiene options. If you use regular tampons or pads, it’s going to be very expensive because you’ll be changing them out every couple of hours.
A good start is these Glad Rags Organic Pads. They offer some serious capacity, are reusable and great for the environment.
But, you’ll want to pair up these organic cloth pads with a menstrual cup. Jumbo tampons have a capacity of around 10 ml. An average menstrual cup holds 30 ml (the Diva Cup for example), while there are some high-capacity period cups that hold around 40 ml.
4x more capacity = 4x less period hassle. Maybe you’ll even be able to sleep through the night?
Heavy Period? Consider the Super Jennie Menstrual Cup
One of our new, favourite menstrual cups out of the USA is the Super Jennie Cup. It’s made from top-quality, medical grade silicone.
The reason you should consider it is that it has some serious capacity, which you’ll need if you have a heavy period. It’s soft, easy to insert and remove and has some excellent user reviews over on Amazon.
Check out the Super Jennie Menstrual Cup, our favourite high-capacity menstrual cup for yourself over on Amazon:
Compare Prices on the Best Menstrual Cup Brands
The Takeaway on Glad Rags Nighttime Reusable Pads:
If you’re looking for nighttime reusable pads, then the Glad Rags organic ones make an excellent choice. They stay in place reasonably well, are big enough to offer adequate protection overnight and are a quality product made by a trusted name in feminine products.
If you’re a larger person with a very heavy flow, you could also consider these menstrual pads for daytime protection as well.
Buy the Glad Rags Nighttime Reusable Menstrual Pads
The best place to get the Glad Rags organic nighttime pads is on Amazon. Most women find that getting two sets is adequate and they don’t have to always be doing laundry during their period.
Have your Say about these Glad Rags Organic Pads!
What are your thoughts about these Organic Nighttime Reusable Pads from Glad Rags?
Are they a buy? Considering other brands or organic cotton pads?
Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts.