A Review of the Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads
Reusable sanitary pads are cloth pads that can be worn, washed and then reused. The top quality ones last for years and with proper care, staining is minimal. Reusable cloth pads, such as these ones from Charlie Banana make a great choice for a number of reasons:
- Great for the environment. Disposable sanitary pads and tampons take up a lot of space in our landfills. Reusable feminine hygiene pads are easy on the environment as they can last for years. They are also made from natural products and will biodegrade, unlike the plastic in disposable pads. We LOVE eco-friendly products and we hope to inspire you to the same.
- Cheaper than disposable pads. When you use disposable feminine hygiene products, you keep putting out money each and every single month. However, there is a much cheaper way! A menstrual cup combined with reusable cloth pads are much cheaper over the medium to long term. See: Aren’t Menstrual Cups Expensive?
- No more allergic reactions. Disposable feminine hygiene products are made with cotton that contains pesticides. The manufacturing process also uses some harsh chemicals and the residue from these processes ends up in the finished product (your pad or tampon!). Organic pads and tampons make a decent choice. However, the best choice is to use cloth menstrual pads and of course, you should wash them first.
For more details about reusable cloth pads, please see: Cloth Menstrual Pads-Top 10 FAQ’s.
An Introduction to Charlie Banana Reusable Cloth Pads:
Charlie Banana makes some very highly rated reusable cloth menstrual pads. Most people who try them seem to like them. They even have some super-fans who swear by this brand.
When compared to other brands of cloth menstrual pads, these ones are comfortable, stay in place quite well and offer some nice absorbency. They are reasonably priced, and are around average in the cloth menstrual pad world.
These cloth menstrual pads are stain free, easy to wash and chemical free. They are naturally super absorbent and also come in a few different colors and sizes (liner-regular-super). Check them out for yourself today.
Pair with a Menstrual Cup?
If you’re looking for some serious protection, you might want to consider pairing reusable cloth pads with a menstrual cup. In case you don’t know what these are, they’re reusable cylinders made from silicone that are designed to replace tampons (see: What is a Menstrual Cup?)
A cloth pad, paired with a menstrual cup is an excellent solution if you have a heavy period. It also works well overnight. If you find that you have to get up at least once during the night of your heaviest flow to change your pad and/or tampon, consider a menstrual cup. They have 3-4x more capacity than even a jumbo tampon. Sleep through the night! Really.
Our top-rated menstrual cup here at Reusable Menstrual Cups is the Lena Cup. Manufactured in the USA, it’s a relative newcomer to the scene, but it’s here to stay. The company’s mission is to make a top-quality cup at a reasonable price and they accomplish this.
The Lena Cup has some of the highest user ratings in the category on Amazon. Most people that try it find that it just works. Check out the Lena Cup for yourself on Amazon:
Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Pros:
- A nice fit, doesn’t slip around
- Three sizes and a variety of designs
- Naturally stain free
- Super absorbent, with a moisture proof layer
- Great reviews on Amazon
- Perfect for people with sensitive skin or allergies who may find that disposable pads give them rashes
- Save a ton of money over the medium to long-term, when compared to disposable pads
Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Cons:
- Super may not be enough for a heavy overnight flow (consider combining with the Diva Cup).
- Thicker than some of the other cloth menstrual pads (consider these Dutchess Cloth Menstrual Pads perhaps?)
- A few stains remained even after washing
Here’s What People are Saying on Amazon:
“They’re a little on the short side for a regular pad, but besides that, they’re soft, comfortable and seem to absorb quite well. I never get hot and sweaty like I used to with disposable pads.”
“They’re thicker than some of the other pads, but this means that they absorb quite a bit of fluid and don’t seem to leak. Don’t forget to carry a small wet bag to put them in after you change them when you’re out in public. You can also pre-soak them to avoid the staining that some other people mentioned.”
“Charlie Banana pads don’t seem to slip around as much compared to the the other pads that I’ve tried. I only bought one pack of them, but I’ll getting a couple more. My favourite brand that I’ve tried so far.”
The Takeaway on the Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads:
Overall, these cloth menstrual pads from Charlie Banana are a solid buy. They are durable, perform well except overnight for people with extremely heavy flows and are reasonably priced. They also have some great reviews on Amazon and many people commented that they are the best brand of cloth menstrual pads that they’ve ever used.
There are a few negatives such as the staining that can occur with repeated use. However, this is common to all reusable cloth menstrual pads and nothing unique to these ones. You can avoid this by pre-soaking your soiled pads in cold water for a few hours before laundering them.
Charlie Banana reusable feminine pads: they get our solid recommendation here at Reusable Menstrual Cups! Great work Charlie Banana and we hope to see more of your products soon.
You can easily get this top-quality cloth menstrual pad on Amazon today: