Period panties are eco-friendly, affordable and make a great option for period protection. Some of the more absorbent ones can be used by themselves if you’re spotting, have a light flow, or light incontinence.
The less absorbent period panties usually just have a leakproof barrier. They should be used as a backup to something like a menstrual cup or tampon.
The good news is that many of the leading brands come in a wide range of sizes, including for plus sized women.
Plus Sized Period Panties Introduction
If you’re looking for some period panties that come in larger sizes, you’ve come to the right place! We’re going to give you a rundown of the top 3 options for plus sized period panties that you might want to consider.
- Modibodi Leakproof Underwear
- Dear Kate Period Panties
- Anigan Stain-Free Period Panties
- Hesta Organic plus size panties
Plus Sized Period Panties Option #1: Modibodi
One of our favourite companies that make period panties (and period swimwear) is Modibodi. They’re based in Australia and make some top-quality, premium products for a wide range of women.
Wide Range of Styles and Sizes
Modibodi has a ton of different styles, colours and absorbency levels and we’d be really surprised if you didn’t find something that you love. In terms of sizing, they range from 4XS (22 inch waist) to 6 XL (48 inch waist). Plus sized menstrual underwear? Look no further!
30 Day Risk-Free Trial for Modibodi
If you’re buying from the company for the first time, you’ll get a 30 day trial. If you don’t like the product, you can return it for a full refund. Shipping is free in Australia, and also free to many countries with a minimum order.
Learn More about Them
For more details, please check out the full review: Modibodi Period Panties.
You can check them out for yourself at the company website today:
Modibodi Period Panties Unboxing
Plus Sized Period Panties Option #2: Dear Kate
Dear Kate is another option for plus sized menstrual underwear. They’re a premium, made in the USA option that are very comfortable and breathable. Premium both in terms of quality, and price!
In terms of styles, and colours, there are a wide range of options on both Amazon and the company website.
XS to 3X Sizes for Dear Kates
What about sizing? There is a wide range of sizes, including some large ones. They range from XS (size 00 in the USA) to 3x (size 24-26 in the USA). This certainly makes them a nice option for period panties that are plus sized.
Find out More
If you want more information about them, please check out: Dear Kate Menstrual Underwear Review.
You can see all the options for yourself over on Amazon:
Dear Kate Menstrual Underwear Review
Plus Sized Period Panties Option #3: Anigan
- ABSORBENT PROTECTION EvaWear reusable underwear is great for women and girls during their menstrual...
- CAREFREE COMFORT AND STYLE Made from nylon, cotton and spandex, this tagless, leakproof panty is...
- TOP PERFORMANCE MATERIAL This breathable panty is made of a moisture-wicking, highly-absorbent...
- INTENDED FOR USE WITH OR WITHOUT TAMPONS OR PADS Absorbs fluid and wicks away from body. Also can be...
- MACHINE WASHABLE Our panties are machine washable for your convenience, without losing their best...
Anigan is a trusted name in the period protection world. They’re behind the very popular Eva Cup, and they also make a nice line of period panties.
A reason that you’d consider Anigan menstrual underwear over Dear Kate or Modibodi is the price. They’re more reasonably priced, but are still a top of the line product.
There’s a wide range of styles (thong, boyshorts, bikini, etc.), absorbency levels, and colour options for these plus sized menstrual underwear. We’d be surprised if you weren’t able to find an option that you liked!
In terms of sizing, Anigan Period Panties range from XS (21 inch waist) to XXL (44 inch waist), making them a nice, plus-sized option.
Where to Buy Anigan Menstrual Underwear
For more details, you can check out our full review: Anigan Period Panties.
Or, you can head over to Amazon to see all the options for yourself:
Anigan Stain-Free Period Panties Review
Option #4: Hesta Organic Period Underwear
- UPGRADED DESIGN: Full coverage area on the front to the back, active or sleep in safe of any...
- HIGH QUALITY ORGANIC COTTON: Our panties are made of 95% Global Organic Textile Standard Certified...
- ENJOY THE SOFTEST TOUCH: The premium fabric assures a silky smooth touch for your delicate skin....
- THE PERFECT FIT FOR ALL SIZES: Pick among the sizes that vary from XS to 4XL
- CUTE PINK PACKAGE: You will receive these amazing underwear neatly folded in a pink package box.
Next up on our list of the best period underwear are these ones from Hesta Organic. They range in size from extra-small to 4 XL, so you’re sure to find the pair that works well for your body type. They have full coverage, from front to back which most women really appreciate.
Why We Like Hesta Organic Period Panties
Besides that, here are a few of the reasons that we love to recommend them:
- Made from top-quality organic cotton (95%) and spandex (5%)
- They feel great next to the skin!
- 3 classic colours to match any outfit
- The company is based in California and makes some of the best organic, reusable period product
- A nice choice for plus size period panties (sizes up to 4 XL)
Hesta/Rael period panties do contain some absorbent padding, but it’s recommended that you use them with tampons or a menstrual cup for best results on your heavier flow days.
What People are Saying about Them:
“I was looking for a bit of a cheaper alternative to Thinx and came across these ones. I’m happy I did! They have enough absorbency, but I still use mine with a tampon just to be safe. The only small drawback is that they don’t wick away moisture quite as quickly as Thinx underwear do.”
“I love that these feel just like regular underwear, and not all hot and sweaty as I thought they might be. Last night, I leaked quite a bit when my menstrual cup overflowed, but these escaped unscathed. I’m impressed and would recommend them to anybody.”
Where to Buy Them
Do you want to read more about them? You can check out our review here: Rael/Hesta Period Underwear. Or, shop online here:
Plus Sized Period Panties: Have your Say
What is your favourite plus-sized period panty brand? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Last update on 2019-02-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API