Keep on reading for the full Venus Menstrual Cup review including pros, cons, sizing information in our buying guide. Is the Venus Cup, a newcomer to the menstrual cup world the right one for you? We hope to answer that question for you.
An Introduction to the Venus Cup
- MENSTRUAL CUP SET FOR BEGINNERS – With our menstrual cup starter kit you SAVE 50% on the second...
- WE LISTENED! After years of collecting thousands of real feedback responses from new & experienced...
- QUALITY CARE - There is no reason to take a chance when it comes to your body and your personal...
- INSERTING & REMOVING THE VENUS CUP - The Venus Cup was designed with a soft, pliable silicone to be...
- QUALITY SERVICE - Each Venus Cup package includes a very detailed and illustrated user manual to...
When we first checked out the Venus menstrual cup, the packaging led us, along with many others to believe that it’s just a cheap knock-off cup from China. However, further inspection shows that this cup is indeed a legit one and that it’s probably here to stay.
The Venus Cup is relatively soft which means that it may not be the best option for beginners as it can be a little bit more difficult to insert it. You may have to wiggle it around a bit to get it to open, instead of with some of the firmer ones which just pop open. However, the upside is that it’s very comfortable to wear once opened and won’t press too strongly against the walls of your vagina which can cause some people discomfort and even cause cramps.
There are two sizes of Venus Cup, a small and large. Here are the details about each one.
Small Venus Cup
Length: 71 mm
Diameter: 42 mm
Capacity: 29 ml
Designed for: Light to normal flow, people with a medium to low cervix
Large Venus Cup
Length: 71 mm
Diameter: 47 mm
Capacity: 47 ml
Designed for: Moderate to heavy flow, people with a medium to high cervix
Ideal for Those with a Heavy Flow
The large has an above-average capacity of 47 ml. Compare this some cups like the Diva Cup, Lunette or Mooncups which come in around 30 ml and it’s clear that this one is a winner if you have a heavy period.
This extra room can give you an extra hour or two before having to take it out and empty it. On the night of your heaviest flow, this can kind of be a game-changer. However, the small Venus Cup has a very average capacity of 29 ml.
Like other menstrual cups, this one can be worn for up to 12 hours. At this time, you should remove it, clean it thoroughly and then reinsert it. However, during times of heavy flow, the cup may be need to changed more frequently than this, even with the higher capacity. In addition, consider wearing a reusable cloth pad, especially at night to avoid having to get up!
- Small and large sizes, or a starter pack with both
- FDA registered
- Made from medical grade silicone
- Medium firmness
- Made in the USA
- Large size has a higher than average capacity
- Easy grip stem and base
- Comes with a storage bag and detailed instructions for use
You can only find this popular product on Amazon. Click the button below to head over there now to check for the best prices and availability:
Venus Menstrual Cup Pros:
- The large is ideal for people with heavy periods due to the 38 ml capacity
- Very reasonably priced, especially the starter kit with two cups if you share with a friend
- Stem is soft and flexible and also easy to grip
- Medium firmness level makes it reasonably easy to insert but also comfortable to wear
- Average overall length works well for most people
- Made in the USA from top-quality materials (100% medical grade silicone)
- FDA registered
- Textured base makes it easy to remove
- Many people find the “invisible” rim more comfortable
- Air holes are easy to clean and assist with suction
Venus Menstrual Cup Cons:
- Can currently only be found on Amazon
- Packaging doesn’t look that professional
- No money-back guarantee or sizing exchange program
“It’s much softer than something like the Diva, but it’s not too floppy and I found it easy enough to insert without a lot of hassle. The best thing? It just seemed to mold to my body pretty well and I found that it didn’t leak. Overall, I’m very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone looking to try out a cheaper cup.”
“I have to work very long hours and don’t always have access to a bathroom so I was looking for a higher-capacity option. I like the Super Jennie, but the stem drove me a bit crazy so I decided to give this one a try and I’m sure happy that I did! The stem is shorter and also softer so doesn’t irritate me at all.It’s an awesome product and I love the price point too.”
“Can’t say enough good stuff about this! I love the shape and feel of it which just seems to work really well for my body type for whatever reason. 5 stars and I’d certainly give it more if I could!”
The Takeaway on the Venus Cup
If you’re looking for a more reasonably priced cup than some of the older, more established brands, then the Venus Menstrual Cup may be a nice option for you. It has some excellent user reviews online and in our experience, we found it easy to insert and remove and also comfortable to wear.
In particular, the larger Venus is ideal for people who have a heavy flow due to the higher than average capacity. This can be a game-changer when it comes to long days at work or sleeping through the night.
Other than that, this cup is made in the USA from top-quality silicone and is backed by some great customer service. Although there were some questions about this being a generic, cheap cup, it’s actually legit and seems like it’s here to stay. For the price? It’s certainly worth a try and it’s for these reasons that the Venus Cup gets our solid recommendation.
Where Can I Find It?
Currently the only place you can find this period cup is on Amazon. Click the button below to head over there now and don’t forget to see if this product is eligible for fast, free shipping with a Prime membership:
Have your Say about this Venus Cup Review
What are your thoughts about this Venus review? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think about this option. We’d love to hear from you.
Also be sure to give this article a share on Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter. It’ll help other menstrual cup enthusiasts, like yourself find this useful resource.
Last update on 2020-09-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API