- Thin, soft and breathable. Made with 100% Organic Cotton
- Reusable for 5+ years, replacing over 120 disposable products
- No added chemicals, absorbent polymers, fragrance or adhesive
- Machine wash & dry safe
- Ethically made in Canada
Luna Pads Review
If you’re looking to go eco-friendly for your period, Lunapads should be at the top of your shopping list. Here are a few quick facts about them:
- Ethically made in Canada
- Luna Pads has a “Pads4Girls” program where they help young women in underdeveloped countries
- Wide range of sizes and absorbency levels
- Classic (2-piece) and Performa (1-piece) pad options
- Excellent customer ratings and reviews
- Can wash and dry in the machine
- No added chemicals or toxins
- Useful for spotting, as back-up to a menstrual cup or tampon, light incontinence or vaginal discharge
Sounds like exactly what you need? Check out Luna Pads for yourself over on Amazon:
Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners
Here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, we love non-disposable feminine hygiene options. These include things like menstrual cups, and reusable menstrual pads. Cloth Panty Liners are much better than their disposable counterparts for three important reasons:
- The price. While reusable menstrual pads certainly cost more up-front, they are usually very durable and can last for years, which will save you money in the medium to long-term. Put more money back into your wallet at the end of the month when you stop buying disposable pads. Saving money? We love here at Reusable Menstrual Cups!
- The environment. Disposable pads are terrible for our Earth, especially considering that they’re largely made from plastic which isn’t biodegradable. Consider using reusable sanitary products such as cloth panty liners or pads and menstrual cups. These are products you can truly feel good about buying.
- Your health. Organic cloth panty liners or pads mean no more harsh chemicals right next to your skin like with disposable products, which often contain traces of pesticides and bleaches used in the manufacturing process.
Keep on reading for the full review of these cloth pantyliners, or just head over to Amazon to check out Lunapads for yourself:
LunaPads Performa Unboxing
Check out the short video below for all the details you need to know about them:
What you Get with Lunapads Reusable Pads
Luna Pads are one of the most trusted names in reusable cloth pads. They have some excellent customer reviews and ratings, and most people who try them out really seem to love them.
Two Cloth Pad Options
Luna Pads has two options for reusable cloth pads. The first is their “classic” pads which are a base pad that can be worn alone. There’s also a separate insert that you can attach if you have a heavy flow.
The second option is their “Perfoma Pads” which are more like most of the other cloth pads you’ll see being sold today. they’re a stand-alone pad and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Wide Range of Sizes and Absorbencies
These two options come in a wide range of sizes and absorbency option. There is a cloth pantyliner for those light days, or for something like vaginal discharge. Then, there’s a heavy, overnight pad for when you’re bleeding heavily. And of course, Luna Pads has everything in between.
Luna Pads: Perfect for Back-Up Protection
These panty liners are perfect if you’re looking for back-up protection while wearing a tampon or menstrual cup, experience a small amount of urine leakage, or on days when you’re spotting lightly. They can also work well if you’re experiencing some vaginal discharge issues.
These reusable pantyliners are small, not bulky and will work well for most people. Check them out for yourself and see.
Lunapads Cloth Pads Review
Lunapads: A Trusted Name in Reusable Feminine Hygiene
Lunapads reusable pantyliners are a quality, chemical-free product from a trusted name in reusable sanitary protection. They’re a women-owned company that is based out of Vancouver, Canada.
Their goal is to help people have a more positive, and informed experience about their menstrual cycle. They want people to care for themselves, as well as the planet.
In our experience, Lunapads is a great company that really stands behind their products. They’re been around since 1983 and are here to stay!
What People are Saying About LunaPads Reusable Panty Liners:
“The material is very soft and feels so much better than disposable pantyliners.”
“The small size if perfect for those days when I’m spotting. I end up wearing pantyliners for a couple of weeks each month and am so happy to find a reusable option.”
“I bought 10 of them and have been using them for a year now with good results. Great product.”
“I made to switch to reusable pantyliners because disposable pads would always give me infections and rashes. I am so glad that I did because Lunapad pantyliners are soft and comfortable. They’re made of cotton and feel great next to my skin. No more skin irritation as well.”
Check out these popular cloth pantyliners on Amazon:
Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners Pros:
- The organic cotton feels nice against the skin.
- It’s very small and thin, making it possible to wear it with tight pants, unlike some of the bulkier reusable menstrual pads on the market (See: Mama Cloth Pads, which are more appropriate for overnight or at home use).
- They’re organic. While a few reusable menstrual pads are as well (See: Glad Rags Organic Nighttime Menstrual Pads), it’s kind of the exception.
- Some people love how long these ones are, others not so much. It really is up to you what your preference is.
- Snaps on the wings are designed to keep these reusable pantyliners in place well.
- An excellent option if you have sensitive skin or allergies. These are hypoallergenic, and will not irritate your skin like with disposable pads.
- Comes in a variety of dark colours, including black. This is by far the easiest way to deal with “staining.” They just don’t show!
- Lunapads is committed to helping women in underdeveloped countries by providing them with reusable cloth pads and period panties.
Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners Cons:
- They’re very expensive for a single pad. Other reusable cloth pads are much cheaper. If you’re looking for an even better deal, consider making your own with patterns from Pinterest.
- Unlike most other reusable cloth pads, there’s no waterproof layer, so fluid can leak through to your underwear. However, this shouldn’t really be a big problem if you’re only using it as “back-up” protection. Lunapads suggest that you need to be aware of your flow and be sure to change these frequently enough.
- Although it’s a panty-liner, some people commented that is still feels “bulky,” more so than it should. They’d prefer a thinner version of them.
Lunapads Care and Cleaning
Here are a few tips from the company for how to make these reusable pantyliners last as long as possible:
- Wash by hand, or in the machine at any temperature with your normal detergent.
- It’s recommended that you rinse or soak in cold water prior to washing if the pads are heavily soiled. A few hours is good—not more than 24 hours.
- Don’t use chlorine bleach, or fabric softeners because this will harm your cloth pads, as well as the environment.
- For best results, you should avoid the dryer and hang-dry. This will help to extend the lifespan of your reusable menstrual pads.
You can get more information here: Cloth Pad Care Guide.
How to Clean Reusable Menstrual Pads
Are Luna Pads only for Periods?
A common question that people have is whether or not reusable pads and pantyliners are only for menstruation. The easy answer is, No! Although many people do use them when menstruating, there are also a number of other uses which you might consider.
For spotting between periods, or right before/after your cycle, you’ll need some extra protection. You can use disposable pantyliners, but these can get expensive if used all the time. They can also be quite irritating to sensitive skin with all the toxins in them.
Consider cloth pantyliners like these ones from Luna Pads as a cheaper, more comfortable alternative to deal with spotting.
If you have vaginal discharge issues, please see your doctor. There is usually a simple solution!
Besides that, how can you deal with it? Most people use a panty-liner. Consider opting for a cloth panty-liner for cost-savings, as well as comfort.
If you suffer from light incontinence, you may want some extra protection to protect against embarrassing leaks. Consider using Luna Pads for this purpose.
They can be far cheaper, especially because you’re using them everyday.
For post-partum bleeding, you may want to opt for some heavier Lunapads, such as the overnight ones. They’re gentle on the skin and will feel nicer than disposable sanitary napkins.
Lunapads Makes the World a Better Place
In a world where young girls are missing school because of their periods, Lunapads is really making a difference. They’re helping to keep girls in school, prevent early marriage and pregnancy, and limited career options.
If you’re looking for a great product from a company that’s making a difference in the world, then look no further than Luna Pads. To date, they’ve donated more than 100,000 cloth pads and period panties to people in 17 countries through Pads4Girls. They’ve also helped other organizations get started with similar programs.
Nobody should have a limited future simply because they have a period!
The Takeaway on these Organic Panty-Liners:
If you’re looking for a panty-liner to wear with a menstrual pad, or tampon as a bit of back-up, Lunapads reusable pantyliners make a great choice. You can also use them when you’re spotting, or need a bit of protection from urine leakage.
Ethically Made in Canada
We LOVE cloth pads and menstrual cups that are made in North America or Europe. They have a reputation for being made from the best materials according to strict standards.
Luna Pads are no exception. They’re ethically made in Canada from 100% organic cotton. They’re really nothing not to love about Lunapads and it’s for this reason that they get our solid recommendation.
Helps People in Underdeveloped Countries
If you’re looking for a product you can feel good about using, look no further than Luna Pads! Pads4Girls has supplied more than 100,000 reusable pads and period panties to people in 18 countries.
Cheaper over the Long-Term
Although this product is quite expensive, it will be worth it over time, particularly if you spot for many days before and after your period. With proper care and cleaning, these pads can last for years and years. This means that you can potentially save thousands of dollars over your lifetime when compared to using disposable pantyliners.
The product is durable and should last for years, even with repeated washings. They stay in place well and are comfortable to wear. Overall, they’re a win and we highly recommend them here at Reusable Menstrual Cups.
For even more reusable panty liner options, check out: Top 5 Reusable Cloth Panty-Liners.
Buy Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners:
The best place to get these organic cloth panty-liners is on Amazon:
Lunapads Reusable Cloth Pads: Have your Say!
What are your thoughts about these reusable menstrual pad? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Last update on 2021-04-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API