Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners
Here at Reusable Menstrual Cups, we love non-disposable feminine hygiene options. These include things like menstrual cups, reusable menstrual pads, and sea sponge tampons. Cloth Panty Liners are much better than their disposable counterparts for three important reasons:
- The price. While reusable menstrual pads certainly cost more up-front, they are usually very durable and can last for years, which will save you money in the medium to long-term. Put more money back into your wallet at the end of the month when you stop buying disposable pads. Saving money? We love here at Reusable Menstrual Cups!
- The environment. Disposable pads are terrible for our Earth, especially considering that they’re largely made from plastic which isn’t biodegradable. Consider using reusable sanitary products such as cloth panty liners or pads and menstrual cups. These are products you can truly feel good about buying.
- Your health. Organic cloth panty liners or pads mean no more harsh chemicals right next to your skin like with disposable products, which often contain traces of pesticides and bleaches used in the manufacturing process.
Keep on reading for the full review of these cloth pantyliners, or just head over to Amazon to take a look for yourself:
What you Get
You’ll get one thin pad that’s designed to worn on its own. It’s very breathable, and most people feel very comfortable when wearing it.
They are made of:
- 2 layers of 100% cotton flannel base
- Gusset panel made with two layers of soft and absorbent 100% cotton fleece on the top
These reusable pantyliners are small, not bulky and will work well for most people. Check them out for yourself and see.
Lunapads: A Trusted Name in Reusable Feminine Hygiene
Lunapads reusable pantyliners are a quality, chemical-free product from a trusted name in reusable sanitary protection. They’re a women-owned company that is based out of Vancouver, Canada.
Their goal is to help people have a more positive, and informed experience about their menstrual cycle. They want people to care for themselves, as well as the planet.
In our experience, Lunapads is a great company that really stands behind their products. They’re been around since 1983 and are here to stay!
What People are Saying About LunaPads Reusable Panty Liners:
“The material is very soft and feels so much better than disposable pantyliners.”
“The small size if perfect for those days when I’m spotting. I end up wearing pantyliners for a couple of weeks each month and am so happy to find a reusable option.”
“I bought 10 of them and have been using them for a year now with good results. Great product.”
“I made to switch to reusable pantyliners because disposable pads would always give me infections and rashes. I am so glad that I did because Lunapad pantyliners are soft and comfortable. They’re made of cotton and feel great next to my skin. No more skin irritation as well.”
Check out these popular cloth pantyliners on Amazon:
Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners Pros:
- The organic cotton feels nice against the skin.
- It’s very small and thin, making it possible to wear it with tight pants, unlike some of the bulkier reusable menstrual pads on the market (See: Mama Cloth Pads, which are more appropriate for overnight or at home use).
- They’re organic. While a few reusable menstrual pads are as well (See: Glad Rags Organic Nighttime Menstrual Pads), it’s kind of the exception.
- Some people love how long these ones are, others not so much. It really is up to you what your preference is.
- Snaps on the wings are designed to keep these reusable pantyliners in place well.
- An excellent option if you have sensitive skin or allergies. These are hypoallergenic, and will not irritate your skin like with disposable pads.
Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners Cons:
- They’re very expensive for a single pad. Other reusable cloth pads are much cheaper. If you’re looking for an even better deal, consider making your own with patterns from Pinterest.
- Unlike most other reusable cloth pads, there’s no waterproof layer, so fluid can leak through to your underwear. However, this shouldn’t really be a big problem if you’re only using it as “back-up” protection. Lunapads suggest that you need to be aware of your flow and be sure to change these frequently enough.
- Although it’s a panty-liner, some people commented that is still feels “bulky,” more so than it should. They’d prefer a thinner version of them.
Lunapads Care and Cleaning
Here are a few tips from the company for how to make these reusable pantyliners last as long as possible:
- Wash by hand, or in the machine at any temperature with your normal detergent.
- It’s recommended that you rinse or soak in cold water prior to washing if the pads are heavily soiled. A few hours is good—not more than 24 hours.
- Don’t use chlorine bleach, or fabric softeners because this will harm your cloth pads, as well as the environment.
The Takeaway on these Organic Panty-Liners:
If you’re looking for a panty-liner to wear with a menstrual pad, or tampon as a bit of back-up, Lunapads reusable pantyliners make a great choice. You can also use them when you’re spotting, or need a bit of protection from urine leakage.
Although this product is quite expensive, it will be worth it over time, particularly if you spot for many days before and after your period. With proper care and cleaning, these pads can last for years and years. This means that you can potentially save thousands of dollars over your lifetime when compared to using disposable pantyliners.
The product is durable and should last for years, even with repeated washings. They stay in place well and are comfortable to wear. Overall, they’re a win and we highly recommend them here at Reusable Menstrual Cups.
For even more reusable panty liner options, check out: Top 5 Reusable Cloth Panty-Liners.
Buy Lunapads Reusable Panty Liners:
The best place to get these organic cloth panty-liners is on Amazon: